Local Footy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Local Footy

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
How many times have we seen that a club has gone through the season not losing a game, only to be beaten in the Grand Final.

South Belgrave in the 1st Div EFNL were undefeated 4.5 games clear on top of the ladder,. Were defeated in the Granny by Mitcham (by 5 points). Mitcham now move up to Premier division.

On the other hand, in 2nd Div. Boronia were 5 games clear on top, lost 1 game early in the year by 1 point (to Templestowe) beat Heathmont in the GF by 5 goals.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
How many times have we seen that a club has gone through the season not losing a game, only to be beaten in the Grand Final.

South Belgrave in the 1st Div EFNL were undefeated 4.5 games clear on top of the ladder,. Were defeated in the Granny by Mitcham (by 5 points). Mitcham now move up to Premier division.

On the other hand, in 2nd Div. Boronia were 5 games clear on top, lost 1 game early in the year by 1 point (to Templestowe) beat Heathmont in the GF by 5 goals.
Bit of a shock that one, old mate Moody wont be happy after all the money and jobs he's handed out!

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
When I was in under-13s we were undefeated going into the semis, having won the flag the year before while losing only one game (in R3). So, I think we'd won 29 in a row. We lost the second semi by 9 points and the prelim by 1. In under-15s we went undefeated, winning the second semi by 20 goals and the granny by 9 goals.

The mighty Byron Magpies only lost one game on the field this year, when 12 of our best 20 didn't make the trip to Port Macquarie due to one of the boys' 30th, and we lost by 8-9 goals. Beat Port in the grand final by 57 points.

Spook (women's coach, men's runner) finished third in last man standing, getting to bed at 10pm Sunday (Saturday game) and backing up for top six on Mad Monday. Still got it!

(Was a zombie on Tuesday and took all week to recover. Worth it. 🏆)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
My brother in law plays local footy. They were undefeated all year, including a score of something like 200-40 in one game.
They got rolled the first week of finals, but luckily had a double chance. They won by 50-60 pts last weekend.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Screenshot_20230914_223032_Facebook.jpg
Todd Elton on the interchange.
Jake Carlisle at CHF
Big Names!

Gunsmoke

Tiger Rookie
May 4, 2009
Todd Elton played for the winning Deer Park premiership side yesterday. Unfortunately my West Coburg team lost in the grandfinal in both the reserves and the seniors, the reserves were unbeaten with a percentage over 220 going into the game and lost it in the second half. The seniors were the top team but lost their way through the finals and were badly beaten in the GF :(

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Rowville beat Vermont in Premier division of EFNL (Eastern Districts) their 1st in Premier division.

I'm glad they did, Vermont have won 23 over the years.