Looking for 'ole Triumph Motorbike | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Looking for 'ole Triumph Motorbike

tigeronaharley

Tiger Superstar
Jan 29, 2005
LAIDLEY HEIGHTS.QLD
Along with footy & shooting my other main interest is motorbikes.. appreciate everyones likes of different makes .... but for me it's Harleys & British. I have been for sometime now thinking of buying an old Triumph, either going and in need of repair or a basket case & start from scratch, if anyone has one tucked away collecting dust or knows of the possible whereabouts of one Iwould be very interested. I'm looking for a 650cc, [ not a pre-unit ]single carb [ would consider 750cc ]. I had a beauty lined up out of Keilor & the bugger sold it from under me. Any help appreciated, thanks.
                                                'Go Tiges'  :emblem :thumbsup

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
TOH, I vaguely remember a bike shop down here in Melb that had losts of old triumphs etc in his shop. Pretty small business so I'm not sure if any were for sale or just his personnal hobby. I'll have look through the gear at home for the contact details.

tigeronaharley

Tiger Superstar
Jan 29, 2005
LAIDLEY HEIGHTS.QLD
Found myself an old Triumph chopper frame today ,with a few extra's for the right $$, the plan now over the next 12 or so months is to track down a 650/750 Tiger motor & with everything else I hope to have a good, reliable 'ole school bike at the right price.. never done the ground up build so sure to be pulling hair out at times.. of course colour is to be 'Yellow & Black' & TIG number plate, looking forward to the challenge.
                                       'Go Tiges ' :emblem :thumbsup

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Have you grabbed a copy of Just Bikes from your newsagent ToH? That might be worth a look.

tigeronaharley

Tiger Superstar
Jan 29, 2005
LAIDLEY HEIGHTS.QLD
Needed a motor..now have one , picked up a complete 750 Bonneville in poor condition.. now have a lot more pieces to play with..getting there slowly. Off to Sturgis this Friday for 10 days [biggest biker people get together in the world]..can't wait, Black hills of South Dakota USA.

eight ace

I live a life of well fed idleness
Feb 24, 2004
Good luck with that. Different type of bike, I know, but I recently bought an F650GS, to be delivered on 21 August. Getting close now and I am getting toey.

newyorktiger

Last Year
tigeronaharley said:
Needed a motor..now have one , picked up a complete 750 Bonneville in poor condition.. now have a lot more pieces to play with..getting there slowly. Off to Sturgis this Friday for 10 days  [biggest biker people get together in the world]..can't wait, Black hills of South Dakota USA.

Sth Dakota os a beautiful part of the USA - say G'day to Crazy Horse for me..

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
tigeronaharley said:
Needed a motor..now have one , picked up a complete 750 Bonneville in poor condition.. now have a lot more pieces to play with..getting there slowly. Off to Sturgis this Friday for 10 days  [biggest biker people get together in the world]..can't wait, Black hills of South Dakota USA.

Great line-up of bands TOaH, the liver will get a good workout, have fun. >:D