Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

I think you're right there, I was probably thinking more of the latter part of those years where we kept all of our important players on the park and fit especially during finals.
Absolutely in finals we were very good at getting players on the park. Lynch missed the first final in 2020 in Brisbane and Dusty was very underdone having not played for weeks. Soldo had an ACL in 2020 as well and of course Rance's ACL in 2019, Higgins with his operation, Stack hurt himself just prior to finals and Graham's shoulder from the prelim.
In 2017 Reece Conca was injured I think (?), not an automatic start anyway and Griffiths with his concussion issues. Caddy strained his hammy 3 weeks out from finals down at Kardinia Park but made it back.
That's about all I can think of.
Edit: I think Dusty was not 2020 but 2022 when I think about it ....

Absolutely in finals we were very good at getting players on the park. Lynch missed the first final in 2020 in Brisbane and Dusty was very underdone having not played for weeks. Soldo had an ACL in 2020 as well and of course Rance's ACL in 2019, Higgins with his operation, Stack hurt himself just prior to finals and Graham's shoulder from the prelim.
In 2017 Reece Conca was injured I think (?), not an automatic start anyway and Griffiths with his concussion issues. Caddy strained his hammy 3 weeks out from finals down at Kardinia Park but made it back.
That's about all I can think of.
Nank came back through VFL in 2019 and was instrumental in the QF win @ PRO against Essington.

We were a lazy 40 point down @ 3/4 time & won by 2 :)

What a great day at the footy that was

Reactions: 4 users
Nank came back through VFL in 2019 and was instrumental in the QF win @ PRO against Essington.

We were a lazy 40 point down @ 3/4 time & won by 2 :)

What a great day at the footy that was
I was there as well Taz.

That was the day Marlion Pickett took an incredible mark running back into a pack.

I was there as well Taz.

That was the day Marlion Pickett took an incredible mark running back into a pack.
thats the one, nearly killed CJ who was NOT happy :)

I remember Nanks shot at goal that I think put us in front, kicking to the Superstore end, looked like it was going out on the full & the wind got it & sailed through :)

Reactions: 3 users

I remember Nanks shot at goal that I think put us in front, kicking to the Superstore end, looked like it was going out on the full & the wind got it & sailed through :)
if Nank was kicking towards the superstore, the wind must have really gotten hold of it!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

I was right behind the kick and it almost turned 90 degrees. Warnie would have been proud of it. Off the boot it looked like it was going OOF.

Reactions: 1 users
Looking foward to Trezise & Bauer getting a game.

View attachment 22604

Nice to start getting a few back. At least will bring the morale up a little for the team seeing some team mates back in full on training. Wouldn't be rushing Dion back though. And what is it with Lynch? His odds easing in? Are they projecting a soft track on his return now?

Nice to start getting a few back. At least will bring the morale up a little for the team seeing some team mates back in full on training. Wouldn't be rushing Dion back though. And what is it with Lynch? His odds easing in? Are they projecting a soft track on his return now?
On 360 tonight he said he has just started some running which is a bit earlier than they expected. Hope that doesn't mean a higher chance of re-injury after his surgery?

Meehan working miracles
sci-fi running GIF by MANGOTEETH

On 360 tonight he said he has just started some running which is a bit earlier than they expected. Hope that doesn't mean a higher chance of re-injury after his surgery?
Nah not necessarily. Fastest recovery for tendons is to keep them moving and return to normal work.

Higher chance of injury is always the case after previous injury. I'm not sure on his history of hammies overall but if this is the first then it might be ok, but look at someone like Richo, bloke did his Hammie like 10 times?

Nah not necessarily. Fastest recovery for tendons is to keep them moving and return to normal work.

Higher chance of injury is always the case after previous injury. I'm not sure on his history of hammies overall but if this is the first then it might be ok, but look at someone like Richo, bloke did his Hammie like 10 times?
Perhaps he's a quick healer, don't know, but better to take longer and build enough strength and fitness into both legs to avoid any further soft tissues strains.
From Google....
How long does it take for a hamstring tendon to heal after surgery?
These sutures are sewn into the end of the detached tendon and pulled back up to the bone where the sutures are then tied. The sutures can withhold some force but the outcome of the surgery is due to whether your body can heal the tendons back down to the bone. This takes about 12 weeks.

Looking foward to Trezise & Bauer getting a game.

View attachment 22604

Lynch did a couple of laps some straight line running and had a couple of shots for goal today kicking from 40 metres, was probably out there for an hour.
Dion & Balta with main group for about half to the session Dion and was looking very fit and Balta ok.
Tresize did 100%
Bauer the least of the above did start with main group but did not go on to do some extra rehab like Dion and Balta

Once again not main session so we look to Friday

Reactions: 13 users
Lynch did a couple of laps some straight line running and had a couple of shots for goal today kicking from 40 metres, was probably out there for an hour.
Dion & Balta with main group for about half to the session Dion and was looking very fit and Balta ok.
Tresize did 100%
Bauer the least of the above did start with main group but did not go on to do some extra rehab like Dion and Balta

For once some positive news, especially for Lynch!

Tresize did 100%

You're the Man, @caesar ! Hail! :cool: