Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan Richmond Strength & Conditioning Coach Interview

You mean the guy at Port who sent their captain back onto the field a few weeks ago when he felt a hammy twinge and now he is out for a month?
That guy?
I’m with zips. We need the bloke who’s decimating port’s list. Maybe a change of scene will do him good. Imagine watching that figjam every week, it’d make you want to break something.

Not just injuries. How absolutely cooked is the entire team after a half of actual proper pressure. Fitness levels appear... not good

Reactions: 2 users
What about our lack of strength. Oppo tend to walk through our tackles. They never stick

Reactions: 1 user
Not just injuries. How absolutely cooked is the entire team after a half of actual proper pressure. Fitness levels appear... not good
Dozen players with less than 50 games under the belt n quite a few of them only fill in players rather than what would be considered experienced senior players at this point. The mental fitness would have just as much impact as the physical fitness at this stage for the young blokes n there's only one way to get through n that's games n more games.

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone linked all these injuries to the Covid vaccination yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
What I don't get is why the football world is so far behind in modern day employment practices.
In the real world if you stuff up in your daily job you will get a warning then if it continues you're gone.
In footyland you can just keep stuffing up till the end of the year.
No consequences. All good.

There needs to be an ability to move underperformers out yesterday (if not earlier).
Pay him out, move him on.
Get an interim guy into the job, or if available hire the desired person.
This will impact into 2025.
Already has with the long term injuries.
Needs immediate change.

What I don't get is why the football world is so far behind in modern day employment practices.
In the real world if you stuff up in your daily job you will get a warning then if it continues you're gone.
In footyland you can just keep stuffing up till the end of the year.
No consequences. All good.

There needs to be an ability to move underperformers out yesterday (if not earlier).
Pay him out, move him on.
Get an interim guy into the job, or if available hire the desired person.
This will impact into 2025.
Already has with the long term injuries.
Needs immediate change.
Playing the devils advocate, how do you know he’s stuffed up?
If he’s followed all the industry standard protocols with (for example) a hamstring injury and the player has ticked off every stage of his rehab then it’s hard to blame the S&C guy if the player keeps reinjuring himself.
Who’s to say that we have a bunch of guys whose bodies are like beaten up old cars and no matter how much work the mechanic does it’s just a matter of time till something goes bang.
One thing I know is Luke M has a boatload of education and work experience at elite sport that he probably knows more about it than any of us.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone linked all these injuries to the Covid vaccination yet?

You'd think impact injuries could not possibly be linked although the soft tissue injuries and in particular the length of time taken to recover from the soft tissue injuries would be interesting to research. As more and more data unfolds regarding the vaccine related adverse effects some people are experiencing, this could potentially be an ongoing dilemma. Thankfully many people have no noticeable side effects, although for many others their lives have been drastically impacted. I know someone whose ex partner hasn't been able to work for almost 2 years and has had numerous operations to try to get them healthy enough to get back to work on a modified work plan. Luckily they had income protection insurance, unfortunately not everyone impacted has had that to be able to fall back on.

If what you suggest is true then why is Richmond suffering more than most by the length of the Punt Road Oval.

Maybe we should investigate the long sauna sessions in the preseason for starters.

If what you suggest is true then why is Richmond suffering more than most by the length of the Punt Road Oval.

Maybe we should investigate the long sauna sessions in the preseason for starters.
Would having 1 less preseason game against an opposition team be a contributing factor to all this soft injuries.??

It’s all John O’Rourke imo.
Interesting. So when the club had a female president in charge we were much better off.
And it also corresponded to winning flags.
Inextricably linked, that's all i'm saying.

I don't think Meehan should continue past this year but I'm not sure what Meehan has done is exactly analogous to incompetence in say an office job that leads to warnings. And in an office job now it normally leads to employees being put on a performance improvement program not just 3 strikes you're out unless its something like harassment. Plus if we sack him mid season what do we do for the rest of the year? Then there's a reputational issue.