MalenyTiger | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MalenyTiger

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Hi I live in the Sunshine Coast hinterland in QLD. I have been a Tiger supporter all my life and have lived in Qld for the past 25 years so don't get to see them live very often. I will be in Melbourne for 3 weeks from the 23rd March and will get to see the Tigers 1st three games - I'm rapt! I'm looking for a family friendly place to go after the game for a drink with other tiger supporters. Any suggestions??

Welcome to PRE Maleny. :)

My brother's family live near Eudlo. Is that up your way? It's a beautiful paradise but too hot for me. Good for a visit though.

I always head straight back home after the games but am sure others will point you in the right direction for celebrating our wins after the games. ;D

Thanks Rosy. Yes Eudlo is less than 20 minutes from Maleny - it's a beautiful area but like many wonderful parts of this country it is under threat from urbanisation, etc. I lived in Melbourne as a child and went to see the Tigers every weekend with my dad - I saw the great Tiger teams of the 70s play and like all Tiger supporters long for a resurgence of our great club. 2005 and beyond looks exciting. Living in Qld we get some of the Tiger's games on the TV but its not the same as live footy. I now try to get to Melbourne at least once a year in the winter to catch a game or two. One of my daughters loves the footy so she always comes with me (my wife and other 2 children are not that fussed) - the sad thing is my daugher has been to six live games and not once seen Richmond win - hopefully that will change this time!

Also thanks for the work you do to create such a fantastic website. I only discovered it recently but find it much more informative (as well as humourous) than any of the other sites. keep up your excellent work.

Welcome aboard Maleny.
I admire anyone who lives in the tropics- that being anywhere north of Hobart ;)
Not a fan of the heat or humidity, am tempted to say (hopefully) that last weekend was the last of the heat for those of us lucky enough to live in a city where you get to see the Tigers practically every week in winter.
Onw week to go ;D

Hi there Maleny. Great part of the world. Don't you get sick of all the tourists though?? The times I have been to that area, it has been packed with sweaty bodies, even during the week.

If you are going to see three Tiger games then rest assured you will home in on a win or two.

Have fun in Melb.