Marc Dragacevic | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Marc Dragacevic

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
In his very first year the guy showed some promise, however was developing at a slower rate than expected after that. He then damaged his knee in 2001 (thanx to a daffy hospital kick) missing the whole year and the whole year after that due to another knee injury. This is a case of bad luck I say. However seeing that he is struggling in the VFL and it seems that he won't get into the senior side this year considering we've got so many players to come back, the question the RFC must face is whether they persist with him for another year (considering his contract expires at the end of this year).

Just wondering what others think.

I think I'd listen to the spin the club has put on Dragga all along.
Any games for him this year would be a bonus, the focus is on building his confidence and legs for next season.
Would be very surprised and majorly disappointed if they don't renew his contract and give him another crack for any reason other than medical.
I'd say they'll assess what state he's at at the end of the year and if all's well Dragga will be a Tiger next year.

A few years ago I was speaking with Matty Knights about Draga, and he was a huge rap for him. In fact, after we drafted him, many people rated Draga as the pick of the draft at 55. He was tipped by many to go in the prior pick 20.

I would think he is worth at least another year to see how he goes when fully fit. Until that time, we don't really know how good he can be.

Should be delisted. Was ordinary when his knees were 100%. If the club gives him another year, they are another Salvation Army.

That's harsh diggler. He did his knee not long after only turning 20. Basically was a teenager when he last played.

I think Dragga will become a hard luck story.

Maybe drop him to the rookie list (2004) and wait and see. However, if he doesn't improve remarkabley in the next ten weeks - he doesn't leave the club much option. :-\

Speaking of contracts, who else finishes this year?

I bet diggler provided the matches when they burned Joan of Arc!!;D

I think that Dragga fully fit is still a worthwhile player to keep on the list. He's still young and IMO is a good and versatile player.

mongrel_punt said:
Speaking of contracts, who else finishes this year?

Contract ends:

2003:

Biddiscombe Duncan C.King Houlihan
Hilton Cameron Fiora
Zantuck Rodan Krakouer McGrath

The contracts of the players is up the top of the Feedback board. It mightn't be 100% accurate cos we all pieced it together with a bit of fact, a bit of memory and a bit of guesswork I think. But it should be pretty close.

I think it is a good question whether we continue on with Dragga. You feel sorry for him but gee do you keep going with him like we persisted with Merenda for all those years.

My gut feel is we will sign him up for a couple on the proviso that it will be pretty light on in terms of the moola. He cannot demand much money given the situation.