March To The Finals - 2020. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

March To The Finals - 2020.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
A must watch is the 1995 semi final against the Bombres, when we came from 5 goals down at half time. Knighta kept us in the game in the first half then Scotty Turner went BANG. The crowd noise was unbelievable, people were delirious when we hit the front.

A day to remember forever!
Great game. Was there screaming too .....
One of those games where all looks lost and some supporters leave at half time ......

Watched the replay for many years, especially at finals times ........when Richmond didnt make it again ......

Reactions: 1 user

Isotopes

Tiger Rookie
Aug 3, 2013
A must watch is the 1995 semi final against the Bombres, when we came from 5 goals down at half time. Knighta kept us in the game in the first half then Scotty Turner went BANG. The crowd noise was unbelievable, people were delirious when we hit the front.

Have never seen it, I missed this as I was backpacking around Europe at the time, but I know about it from other tiger fans.
This was a time before the interwebs, I remember reverse dialing the AU telstra operator and playing dumb- "what time is it in AU? oh that's too early, cancel the call. you dont know the footy scores do you?" she was devasted to tell me the Rich vs Geel result.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
we should be sitting in the rain about now, getting ready, with some nerves, to watch the Tigers.

It's fine, we are sneaking up on the competition going into finals again. Commentators will wake up around Prelim Final time.
most have us as strong favourites.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It's fine, we are sneaking up on the competition going into finals again. Commentators will wake up around Prelim Final time.
That early? It was after 3/4 time of the GF in ‘17 and about 1/2 time of the GF last year.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
we should be sitting in the rain about now, getting ready, with some nerves, to watch the Tigers.

most have us as strong favourites.

Yeah, and I'm sure oppo coaches know all about us as well... doesn't matter. It's big boy month now.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yep, it's march to the finals and bye week, so, last night and this morning the 1967 Grand Final. What a cracker of a game. Scores level twice in the last quarter and Richmond chasing our first flag for 24 years.

Watch Bartlett with hair, the great mark by Hart, Strang (was he the last Strang, can't remember), Freddie Swift holding fort on Wade at full back. I was too young to remember this one.

Just as an aside, I've been reading the 100 years of footy book which I bought last year. When I got to 1967 there was a picture of Richmond running around with the cup and the caption said something to the effect of "Roger Dean, Richmond captain, third from the right after Richmond win the flag". Well, it seems the media can't get it right, not sure if the mistake is when the book was published in 1997 but more likely than 1967 - the captain is, of course, Fred Swift - in fact it is a giveaway in the photo as he has the cup. Morons.

On to 1969, when Roger Dean really is the captain.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Yep, it's march to the finals and bye week, so, last night and this morning the 1967 Grand Final. What a cracker of a game. Scores level twice in the last quarter and Richmond chasing our first flag for 24 years.

Watch Bartlett with hair, the great mark by Hart, Strang (was he the last Strang, can't remember), Freddie Swift holding fort on Wade at full back. I was too young to remember this one.

Just as an aside, I've been reading the 100 years of footy book which I bought last year. When I got to 1967 there was a picture of Richmond running around with the cup and the caption said something to the effect of "Roger Dean, Richmond captain, third from the right after Richmond win the flag". Well, it seems the media can't get it right, not sure if the mistake is when the book was published in 1997 but more likely than 1967 - the captain is, of course, Fred Swift - in fact it is a giveaway in the photo as he has the cup. Morons.

DS

yeah Fred Swift was Captain, boy could that bloke kick a footy, many times I saw him kick out to the wing after a behind was scored. Mainly drop kicks but not bad on the torps also.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
yeah Fred Swift was Captain, boy could that bloke kick a footy, many times I saw him kick out to the wing after a behind was scored. Mainly drop kicks but not bad on the torps also.

Yeah, so many drop kicks in that game. When done properly it is a very long kick, just doesn't stack up any more as even the best stuff it up sometimes.

DS

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Watched the highlights of the 2017 QF and GF as well as the celebrations afterwards. I teared up yet again.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013

DS
I was at that game. The stress through the last quarter was unbelievable. The neighbour that used to take me to games was gulping down heart pills like there's no tomorrow. The tears of joy of Tiger supporters were the same as what we shed 2017.
May we never see droughts like that again.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

Was at the G for that match.
By the end of the game I was jumping all over the seat, wildly swinging my scarf above my head.
The noise that day was electrifying.
Geez, Knights played a ripper of a game.

• Love

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Was at the G for that match.
By the end of the game I was jumping all over the seat, wildly swinging my scarf above my head.
The noise that day was electrifying.
Geez, Knights played a ripper of a game.
Where could a bloke get hold of a copy of this game?

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Have never seen it, I missed this as I was backpacking around Europe at the time, but I know about it from other tiger fans.
This was a time before the interwebs, I remember reverse dialing the AU telstra operator and playing dumb- "what time is it in AU? oh that's too early, cancel the call. you dont know the footy scores do you?" she was devasted to tell me the Rich vs Geel result.
Slap yourself man.
You too QuickDraw.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I was at that game. The stress through the last quarter was unbelievable. The neighbour that used to take me to games was gulping down heart pills like there's no tomorrow. The tears of joy of Tiger supporters were the same as what we shed 2017.
May we never see droughts like that again.
I was there as well but don’t have an enormous memory of it as I was pretty young at the time. I am told by my family that from 1967 I became obsessed with Billy Barrot and I had a duffel coat with Billy 24 Barrot on it which was replaced by Royce 4 Hart when Billy left.
if we make it this year it will be the first Richmond grand final I have missed in my lifetime with my record standing at 7-2.
1972 and 1982 still haunt me with 1982 especially vivid even after 38 years have passed.

• Love