Mark Summers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mark Summers

Hetti

Tiger Cub
Mar 30, 2007
Following from players struck down by injury, I wonder if anyone has memories of Mark Summers who played during KB's stewardship?

AFL stats have:

Year Team No. Games (W-D-L) Kicks Marks H.Balls Disp Goals Bhd H.O. Tack FrF FrA BM
1988 Richmond 43 3 (0-0-3) 19 10 6 25 6 3 3
1989 Richmond 43 12 (2-0-10) 90 63 27 117 4 5 21 7 6 13
Totals 15 (2-0-13) 109 73 33 142 4 5 27 7 9 16
Game highs 10 9 5 12 2 1 8 2 3 4

So he played 15 games for this and that, from what I can gather. I can't recall him at all. I am seeking information is personal reasons. He is my physio up at Fairfield, and has been a great help. He has a team photo from that era in pride of place in his room signed by many of the players then. From what I can gather, he only pays a passing attention with RFC, but I could be wrong, it being only polite physio-patient chit chat. He said he liked the grand final but seemingly was not aware that Mr White was a certainty to win the half-time dash.

Yes, I remember Mark Summers from the late 80s.

About 6'4, CHF.

Started well but received a major injury that I don't recall him returning from.
It was either a shoulder or a knee. 20 years ago now.

Think I read of him plaing amateurs for Old Xavier, Collegians or Old Brighton.

Yes, Mark was another Tiger next big thing that didn't happen.

Phantom said:
Yes, I remember Mark Summers from the late 80s.

About 6'4, CHF.

Started well but received a major injury that I don't recall him returning from.
It was either a shoulder or a knee. 20 years ago now.

Think I read of him plaing amateurs for Old Xavier, Collegians or Old Brighton.

Yes, Mark was another Tiger next big thing that didn't happen.

A very good physio indeed. Has done wonders with my wifes knee.

He was listed as one of the Tiger mentors this year, I believe he was mentoring Cartledge...