Maxfield's goal - I could watch this a thousand times | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maxfield's goal - I could watch this a thousand times

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
..and never get bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSlNM_-4p2Y

1.20 min mark.

The commentary,the play and the massive roar.

I remember wearing a plastic garbage bag at this game as it rained alot in the game.

I remember bandmates rocking up and they knew I was at the game and said yu better come or we will be late for our gig.I walked out after the Maxfield goal and heard a distant noise in the carpark.

It was the Verucas goalling and drawing the match.

One of the great games of all time along with the final of that year.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If it wasn't for Matty Dundas, it never would've happened. ;D

Neeld....... :hihi

Compare the players emotions after that draw to nowadays......I see a huge difference.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Interesting to note the Essendon player touch the umpire with his hand at the end of the game and give him a gentle, friendly push.

He'd get weeks for that these days.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I was there that night and I have seen that footage a 100 times. Still gave me goosebuumps when I just watched it.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Streak said:
Interesting to note the Essendon player touch the umpire with his hand at the end of the game and give him a gentle, friendly push.

He'd get weeks for that these days.
Diesel copped shitloads for it back in 1997 for a little touch.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Punxsutawney Phil said:
Bondy's goal that one. The punch, follow up and pass. Brilliant.

Yeah you're right.
Bondy set it up.

Great goal on the run by Maxfield though.