Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Melbourne

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
My personal opinion is that Melbourne is a dump but I dont expect you people to take that all that well.

Shawry seeing as the fact that you come from Adelaide ("The festival state"....pffft ::)) im going to ignore that comment and continue on my way....

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
My order of best cities:

1. Perth- The view from Kings Park takes some beating and the beaches......(sigh)

2. Hobart- Nothing beats the heritage that you feel down there I reckon

3. Adelaide- The city and Adelaide hills are nice (although there are some ugly areas)

4. Brisbane- don't reckon it's tops (after all it is inland :p)

5. Darwin/ Canberra: 'Bout the same I reckon. Darwin's probably the most multicultural city I can think of (in terms of all culture's mixing together rather than different cultures occupying different cuburbs as is the case in the cities)

I think it's touch and go for the last two. Both are big cities with all the negatives that comes with being that (pollution, sprawl, crowds, noise, suburbia)...

For mine, Melbourne is better than Sydney simply because the footy's there, the people are friendlier (in general) and it seems the actual city is more laid-back than the city of Sydney.

Sydney's sprawl is really becoming a worry imo. Those ever expanding western/ south-western/ north-western/ southern suburbs are u-g-l-y.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Funny all the Brisbane people who hang it on Melbourne's weather. At least we can manage to organise a decent cricket test down here. :grinsanta

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Yeah .
Our weather is quite good in Summer that is (Autumn in Melbourne is awesome 20 degrees not a cloud in the sky)and the smell of footy in the air.
Just played a gig at federation square in a marque outside the zinc room and had a wander round before and thought Melbourne really is looking good now but the only way I'd travel is by train-bloody traffic is horrible but I quite like the cosmapolitan feel of Melbourne now.

Haven't even been to Brissy(sad :()love Queensland'top end (Port Douglas (heaven on Earth). ;D