Membership deals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Membership deals

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Speaking to the Fonze the other day he came up with an idea of how to get more members and money to the club. He basically said that the main reason people sign up at the START of the season is due to optimism and prospects. If a club doesn't show good signs in the pre-season comp and friendly games (which richmond didn't) then supporters won't be optimistic about the year and hence will be less inclined to sign up. Now if a club shows good form in the early part of the season (like the tiges have) the reason supporters are less inclined to sign up is due to the decreased value of the memberships as several home games have elapsed.

The Fonzes suggestion is this - why doesn't the club offer discounts on the memberships based on how many home games (in the case of home game membership) have elapsed. For example after our first home game, reduce the price of a membership to 10/11ths of the full price to represent 10 remaining home games, after 2nd home game offer it at 9/11ths of the normal price etc. - up untill the date that people can still join up (I think its sometime in june).

RFC might not get full membership amounts this way but it would be better than receiving nothing as it seems our membership drive has stopped.

I totally agreed with his suggestion and said - "you are a genius Fonze", and commended him on his wisdom 8)

He told me to pass this on for other peoples thoughts and to ask KL if this could possibly be a viable option to be discussed at the next forum as something the club could look into. ::)

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Good idea H - that type of offer would suit people with all different types of dilemas and situations.

eg, less well off people, the sick who may have been in hospitals, etc.

Should get Kayne Pettifer to put that to our marketing department as he won't be out on the footy field for a while, I would have thought!!! ;D

One thing I should add though - those membership deals with the Motorolla phones.................been 4 weeks and no sign of any phone!!! I know 2 others who purchased the same deal and zip, de nada also!

Not that I give 2 hoots about the phone, but you'd think the Tiges would want this one to be a success for future marketing ploys.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Good idea Fonzarelli.

I also recommend that we get Pettifer, Rogers, King, Biddiscombe, Mills, Fiora and Rory to make some use of themselves and go around door knocking trying to sell Tiger memberships. Its time the Richmond Football club collaborated with Amway and Melbourne's Jehova's Witness society to get some tips on door to door "selling".