Membership packs. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Membership packs.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Probably obvious but make sure you don't have the phone in a cover. I found my car one didn't work until I took cover off.
Ha, ha.

Pretty obvious to clever people, alas I am not one of those.

Works fine once cover comes off.:peepwall

What phone do you have? and as TBR says, if you have a case, you may need to take it off

Thanks for your assistance, Brotherhood.

I am off to find a Dunce's hat, a room with right angles in it and then I can hopefully detect a corner to assign myself to.

Where's Dougie? That was a "namure" moment!:poop:

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Ha, ha.

Pretty obvious to clever people, alas I am not one of those.

Works fine once cover comes off.:peepwall

Thanks for your assistance, Brotherhood.

I am off to find a Dunce's hat, a room with right angles in it and then I can hopefully detect a corner to assign myself to.

Where's Dougie? That was a "namure" moment!:poop:
Lucky for me I didn't go for one of them phone chargers, I'd be fightin ya for corner space n a fancy pointy hat.

bowee

Tiger Rookie
Sep 6, 2007
Hi, how do you redeem something like a backpack AND a membership card? Looks like you need to opt out of a card, etc to get to the other stuff

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hi, how do you redeem something like a backpack AND a membership card? Looks like you need to opt out of a card, etc to get to the other stuff
I think you can top-up with cash

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
T

Thanks, so I can still choose a card if I opt out of the core pack?
The (barcoded) cards are part of the core pack (as well as scarf and cap), so you need to select that. I think it says 'Redeem'?
Then you can use whatever you have left, as well as top up with cash, to buy some merch.

If you have both AFL and AFLW membership, don't make the mistake I made and selected the AFLW membership card, and opted out of the AFL core pack! Membership dept were great though, and reinstated them for me.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The (barcoded) cards are part of the core pack (as well as scarf and cap), so you need to select that. I think it says 'Redeem'?
Then you can use whatever you have left, as well as top up with cash, to buy some merch.

If you have both AFL and AFLW membership, don't make the mistake I made and selected the AFLW membership card, and opted out of the AFL core pack! Membership dept were great though, and reinstated them for me.

I did similar and ended up with 2 commemorative cards, neither with a barcode.

Life was so much simpler and easier when we just had a card with a barcode. How many people do all the clubs employ to deal with the issues this causes? Waste of time, effort and money.

DS

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Been a member for over a decade.
Still haven't received the membership card for this year yet.
Called the "hotline", no response.
Received an email claiming the card was on its way.
(I have re-pasted from another thread)

Have you got your card yet?
I’m still waiting for my AFL membership cards. I wrote to afl before rd 0 and received a reply on Monday saying that you had to have requested a card and that they had now requested such physical card for three family memberships. Made out I hadn’t done so, or my daughter hadn’t done so either. I shot off a reply firstly saying we had requested physical cards (back in early December) and secondly said that it was my intention to attend the game v port as a walk up attendee and asked how I was supposed to do that without my card. I received a reply saying there was no request on any of the three accounts. They would happily attend to me at gate 6 to arrange entry to game on Sunday. I also spoke to my son today to confirm he had also requested physical card and he confirmed he had done so but still hadn’t received his card either.
So the AFL are telling me that four reasonably capable adults didn’t request the card and that is the reason we haven’t received our cards. Oh okay, that explains it. Am thinking about trying to ring them in the morning but no doubt there will be a long wait. Not happy Jan.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
(I have re-pasted from another thread)

Have you got your card yet?
I’m still waiting for my AFL membership cards. I wrote to afl before rd 0 and received a reply on Monday saying that you had to have requested a card and that they had now requested such physical card for three family memberships. Made out I hadn’t done so, or my daughter hadn’t done so either. I shot off a reply firstly saying we had requested physical cards (back in early December) and secondly said that it was my intention to attend the game v port as a walk up attendee and asked how I was supposed to do that without my card. I received a reply saying there was no request on any of the three accounts. They would happily attend to me at gate 6 to arrange entry to game on Sunday. I also spoke to my son today to confirm he had also requested physical card and he confirmed he had done so but still hadn’t received his card either.
So the AFL are telling me that four reasonably capable adults didn’t request the card and that is the reason we haven’t received our cards. Oh okay, that explains it. Am thinking about trying to ring them in the morning but no doubt there will be a long wait. Not happy Jan.
AFL are never wrong. Don't you know?

Just sing along

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
i too ordered my physical AFL card when I got the opportunity to months ago
I too never received it
Tried ringing them and held on for > 30 mins and then had to hang up as it had gone past their opening hours
finally sent an email and they said they would send me a card - still have not received it

• Haha

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
i too ordered my physical AFL card when I got the opportunity to months ago
I too never received it
Tried ringing them and held on for > 30 mins and then had to hang up as it had gone past their opening hours
finally sent an email and they said they would send me a card - still have not received it
IMO they’re expecting us to use the digital cards
Were upto our 3rd AfL game and still no card

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Likely trying to force people on to digital cards. There are many people who don't want digital everything, who are more happy with a physical card and physical tickets to games.

But, apparently, digital is better, just because, you know, it's digital it must be better.

Don't think my card has a barcode either, not sure how I am supposed to get into away games . . . or home games at Chernobyl.

DS

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Likely trying to force people on to digital cards. There are many people who don't want digital everything, who are more happy with a physical card and physical tickets to games.

But, apparently, digital is better, just because, you know, it's digital it must be better.

Don't think my card has a barcode either, not sure how I am supposed to get into away games . . . or home games at Chernobyl.

DS

I'm guessing the cards that you don't get through member rewards may then not have a barcode. We got barcoded cards through member rewards last year, we are waiting on ours being delivered for this year.

I don't mind digital cards when you are going into the ground individually. When going in as a family, I tend to hold them all in my wallet, but having to switch between each barcode in the wallet (it used to be easy but it depends how they do it, ticketek have changed it as I had to literally come out of my ticket to do my daughters) it takes way way longer than just scanning a barcode from around your neck on a lanyard.

When you factor that in with the additional security that they have put in at the G with those new scanners they had last week, the time taken to enter the ground has increased. We actually missed the 1st few minutes of the game last week due to the time taken to get into the ground, we were outside and queueing about 15-20 mins before the start of the game, how can it take 20 mins to get into the ground!! I assumed with the new scanners, they were getting away from checking bags, but low and behold, went through the scanners (everyone farmed to each side of the gate instead of using the full width) and then still had to open my bag and show them whats in it, so what exactly is the purpose of the new scanners.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I got my card through member rewards - no barcode. I figure I'll have to sign in to the RFC account on the phone to get into away games and Chernobyl games.

DS