Memberships | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Memberships

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I haven't checked out other clubs membership packages to see how they compare to ours.
Do the clubs design their own membership packages, or do the AFL determine them?

I'm always trying to con people into joining the Tiges, but a common reply is if there was a $20-30 straight donation they would sign up, but living in the country don't want to go to games, get Wantirna membership etc.
Maybe a a token membership pin, but no other frills.

I wonder if the club has considered such an option. 1000 members that way soon ads up to a lot of money, and maybe they would upgrade later.

I guess we all have different reasons for buying a membership. Personally I don't get much value out of all the memberships my family has, it's more a donation to the club.

There will be less members from my household next year, it's a bit silly buying them for people who don't live at home any more, don't go to games and don't even barrack for Richmond. It's just been habit to pay up every year since way back when the whole family went to the games.

Anyway if we are competitive this year, and have some success too, I expect memberships would rocket again next year.
I suspect people aren't willing to pay up at the moment until they see evidence the club is really on track, rather than just telling us it is.

Go Tiges.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
I haven't checked out other clubs membership packages to see how they compare to ours.
Do the clubs design their own membership packages, or do the AFL determine them?

I'm always trying to con people into joining the Tiges, but a common reply is if there was a $20-30 straight donation they would sign up, but living in the country don't want to go to games, get Wantirna membership etc.
Maybe a a token membership pin, but no other frills.

I wonder if the club has considered such an option.

Rosy,

In answer to your question about a no-frills package. For $40 RFC offers the "on the Bench" M'ship. This gives you a m'ship card, pin, this year a special OTB scarf and well as the FTB for the year. It does not give voting rights. My Mum has that type of m'ship.

Clubs set the costs of their memberships but the following are used to determine the costs: Number of home games in Victoria - the Roos M'ships are cheaper than ours because of the fact they play 3 or 4 games in Canberra. The costs considered is the teams Home venue. Reserve seat costs for The Bulldogs are nearly double ours because they play their home games at the Dumb ...er.. I mean Dome ;). I am not sure if the AFL sets any sort of ceiling regarding the maximum Clubs are allowed to charge but I will attempt to find out

Our membership packages in comparison to other clubs varies. Compared to Essendon we are marginally cheaper, ditto Collingwood. Compared to Geelong we are more expensive. Next to the Bulldogs for an 11 game ticket we are about the same but when it comes to reserves seats as I mentioned we are much much cheaper.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I was aware of that package KL, and have told people about it, but the reply is they'd rather give a $20 donation than pay closer to $50 for the frills they don't want.
I suppose it isn't much money and the club mightn't consider it worthwhile, but I found it interesting that several people have mentioned it to me over the last year or so.

This package has a lot of padding that some people don't seem to want.
On the Bench $47
For those members who can't get to games but want to support the Tigers.

Includes:
- Personalised 'On the Bench' members card.
- Exclusive 'On the Bench' scarf.
- Exclusive 'member only' lapel pin and bumper sticker.
- Regular Fighting Tiger Bulletin.
- Free membership to the Wantirna Club and Royal Oak for members over 18 years.
- Access to discount VFL membership to see our young guns coming through the ranks.
Please note this package does not give access to Finals tickets

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Living here in Adelaide it is tough and i am in a similar situation. I went for On The Bench membership which cost me the $47 which they quickly debited to my credit card last Thursday although i havent seen any membership card or anything sent to me yet. I am sure it will all come, probably in the mail box now.
It is tough i will only be able to go to the Adelaide Crows game here (Port game i ahve a big dinner i cant get out of), and am travelling to Melbourne for the Carlton game. On the Bench is the best membership for me and i dont consider a donation of $47 too extreme if it will ehlp in getting us to a premiership in some sort of way for the club which has brought me so much joy (and heartache).

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Yeah I too have "On the Bench" Membership and am quite happy with that. I was talking to my Demon supporting brother and according to him Richmond has better options with memberships than Melbourne.