Michael West QLD | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Michael West QLD

TIGER FREAK

Tiger Tuff.
Jun 30, 2004
Melbourne
Phanto what do you know about this kid, kicked 13 goals then did an ACL, 195 cm big lad,out for the year do you think he could be a smokie.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Yes,
I reported West's injury last week on another thread.
I was at the game last week at Oakleigh where Queensland thrashed the Chargers.

Regarding West, this is the 2nd time that he's done the same knee. Last year, when he was a smokie for early selection he did his knee towards the end of the season. He's obviously come back too early, less than 12 months, and done it in again.

I saw him. A great talent, obviously, badly managed. What a waste.

It would be a big ask for a club to draft a player that's wrecked the same knee twice. And 2 years out of football, at that age, can severely affect a player's development.

Gazza68

The sleeping giant is waking from his slumber
Oct 23, 2004
Phantom, would you possibly rookie list him & see if he recovers after the knee reconstruction & strengthen the area with some professional rehab & care.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Good suggestion.

He's still very young. 2 years out of the game may not hurt too badly.
Rookies dont cost that much.