Mid Season Draft 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid Season Draft 2024

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
With Juddy out for the year now, we might have a record amount of picks.
Doesn't work this way. They still take up a spot on the list beyond this year (unless it's only a 6 month contract - not sure that is allowed)

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Doesn't work this way. They still take up a spot on the list beyond this year (unless it's only a 6 month contract - not sure that is allowed)

You can use a mid-season draft pick to replace a player who is on the long term injury list Harold, so we'll currently have 2 picks if we want to take them.

Standard contract is 6 months for players in mid-season draft, however many put a longer contract on their heads prior.

Reactions: 1 user

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
Jasper Scaife is a young tall who has started the season well in the WAFL.

He's a good size... can he play?

Hard to tell, I'd have no idea, but he's progressed from Reserves footy last year to 1sts this year and has kicked 8 goals in 3 games so he's trending the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Players get to choose 6 or 18mth deals. Clubs then pick with this knowledge in mind. Saves a player moving interstate only to spend the 6mths playing VFL then getting delisted.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Have Any of the best young talent gone on yet? Jai Culley has been wrecked with injury, Ryan Maric might but can’t think of any others. Jacob Edwards hasn’t, Kyle Dunkley, Mitch Riordon, Cody Hirst all didn’t from the 2019 MSD. Charlie Ham, Jackson Callow, Lachlan McAndrew, Max Heath, Aiden Begg and Daniel Turner hasnt from 2021.

The best success stories have been state leaguers such as Marlion, John Noble, Will Snelling, Jai Newcombe, Jordan Boyd, Cooper Sharman, Ash Johnson. Sam Durham

Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004

Hard to tell, I'd have no idea, but he's progressed from Reserves footy last year to 1sts this year and has kicked 8 goals in 3 games so he's trending the right direction.

Scaife listed 195 or 197 cm 85kg looks ummm bulkier than listed weight

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Yeah, that’s an underwhelming video but granted it’s from a small sample. But he certainly has a fair build on him.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Have Any of the best young talent gone on yet? Jai Culley has been wrecked with injury, Ryan Maric might but can’t think of any others. Jacob Edwards hasn’t, Kyle Dunkley, Mitch Riordon, Cody Hirst all didn’t from the 2019 MSD. Charlie Ham, Jackson Callow, Lachlan McAndrew, Max Heath, Aiden Begg and Daniel Turner hasnt from 2021.

The best success stories have been state leaguers such as Marlion, John Noble, Will Snelling, Jai Newcombe, Jordan Boyd, Cooper Sharman, Ash Johnson. Sam Durham
Going by that list , don’t recruit KPP.
Small to mid size is the way to go