Mid Season Reports | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid Season Reports

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Having survived the bye (just) it is time to review my guys and carefully and honestly examine where they are at ;)

Before I begin can I just say whoever is repsonsible for this bye thing should be sent to Sybria. Better yet next season they can come to my place and do the garden like I had to and then they can suffer the aches and pains that I am now subjected too :mad: Scummy bloody bye !!!!!!!!!!!

Otto
Well as we all know Brad's only played 2 games since returning from back surgery. Personally, I was surprised to see him back before break. So on that score well done Otto. What was clearly on show in the 2 games he played was his lack of match fitness. That will come over time. To a degree I reckon anything we get from Brad this season (eg Number of goals etc) will be a bonus. But I do expect him to really impose himself in 2004.

Highlight of the season so far:
In Brad's case I think everyone would agree - surviving the imfamous garden stake incident.

Bidders
With the expection of Clinton King is there a more maligned player on this site than Bidders ??? I think not. His stand out game was without doubt was the match -v- Essendon. Unfortunately, a lack of game time restricts Bidders showing us what he is capable of. If he was left on the half back flank to run forward - he is one player that could get the ball quickly into the fwd 50 and give Richo and Otto a chance one out. Those 60 metre plus pass are great to watch when he'd got them working. I think Bidders has 10 weeks to salvage his career or the axe brigade will be a knocking at his door.

Without doubt the goal against Essendon in the 2nd quarter. Skill and poise I think is what Brian Taylor said.

Justin Blunfield
What's with all the injured players on my list. :-\ Struth.
First it was OP then that blasted muscle being torn away from the bone. I heard Hutchy say on Sport927 this morning that JB will resume the week after next. Looking forawrd to seeing him back as I reckon he will add alot of skill to our side.

Without doubt finding himself at Richmond ;D

Buck Rogers
Is there a player more maligned for his kicking than Matthew Rogers ??? Actually maybe the answer is in the first name? Rogers, Richo - see what I mean. But seriously, despite the constant bagging of Buck on this site it is interesting to note that he's not leading our clangers count. See everyone his disposal isn't that bad. Matty is given a job every week and more often than not he does it. Personally, I would like to see him play up forward a little more.

His game on Adem OhhZay -v- Melbourne without a doubt. Played his role to perfection. I can say that because I know exactly what his role was ;)

Matt Shir
Another player - another injury :-\ I was surprised Matt wasn't drafted to our senior list. After training the place down in October and impressing everyone (esp. Cambo and the senior players) Matt was struck down with the dreaded OP. After finally recovering from that he decided to copy JBlumfield and tear his thigh muscle. Although not as serious as JB a shocking injury none the less.

Matt's back on the park now and has a great chance to show that he should be on the senior list - if not this season as a promotion but for season 2004.

Finally getting back on the field and getting a few touches has probably made Matt pretty happy I am pretty Shir ;)

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Top stuff with the summaries KL :).

Here's my go.

Chris Newman

If Mark Coughlan was the find of 2002 then clearly the find of season 2003 is Chrissy Newman. His clean skills, pace, class and poise under pressure have become a valuable addition to the Tiger line-up. Chris has fitted snuggly into the defensive role left vacant with the departure of Jason Torney and is a key component to the Richmond side's strength - its back six. His rapid development at the highest level has already earnt him a few goes in the midfield - a position Chris will most likely spend more time in as his footy career progresses.

Highlight of the season so far: His consistent form. One happy fan club president ;D.

Daniel Sipthorp

I have hardly seen Daniel play so I can't really comment on him. Only know of him from what's posted on PRE. Picked up in the draft last year (pick 62) and is doing his VCE this year. Currently playing with the Coburg reserves.

Highlight of the season so far: Probably getting picked up in the draft. Early days.

Mark Coughlan

Cogs has continued on with his form from the second half of last year and is now an integral part of the Tiger midfield along with Captain Cambo and Kane Johnson. He really shone earlier on in the year with all three in the side together but has had to cope with significantly added attention from the opposition taggers as they target him in the absense of the other two. The return of Cambo and Johnson after the break will once again help remove the burden of carrying the midfield. Suffered an injury leading up to the West Coast clash and missed that game and has been carrying a slight "niggle" since. The week off will do Cogs the world of good.

Highlight of the season so far: Playing a major part in the 70 point turn around win against Hawthorn.

Billy Nicholls

After being injured for the earlier rounds of the year, earnt a spot in the Richmond side against Essendon and showed some good signs before doing a hammy in that game. Redid his hammy when returning for Coburg a few weeks later and is currently listed this week as "to be tested".

Highlight of the season so far: The goal he scored against Essendon early in the second quarter.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Koalalill said:
Before I begin can I just say whoever is repsonsible for this bye thing should be sent to Sybria. Better yet next season they can come to my place and do the garden like I had to and then they can suffer the aches and pains that I am now subjected too :mad: Scummy bloody bye !!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! the bye didn't go down well with me either. Especially when you have exams and you have nothing to divert your attention for a bit of relief.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Well I like this midseason report better than the one they had on Fox Footy. Can't understand how the "experts" think the Bombers will be above us come the end of the year. :mad:

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
mightytiges said:
How much did rosy pay ya, KL? ;D ;)
roll.gif

Well (un)fortunately Dunc's hasn't played enough to fall into the maligned category MT.

Though if Rosy wants to splash some $$$$$$$$$$$ my way she is more than welcome. My credit cards are still in a critical condition and are facing life support this weekend once I get back from Brisbane ;D