Millsy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Millsy

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Can anyone tell me how Mills is doing in the Two's? I liked what little i have seen of him- wasn't he going alright in 01 before injury?
Would love to know if he is a chance soon. If he's not in contention now (with all the injuries) he will be gone at years end i guess.
Same question i guess about Hyde.
Rather see someone have a go than Hilton and King doing nothing. (yes not enough game time for Kingy- i know)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Unfortunately Millsy's been out with a hammy at a time when spots in the team were up for grabs.
I'm not sure if he played for the Coburg ressies on the weekend, but if not he's expected back soon.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Thats right Rosy there were senior spots up for grabs when Millsy was out with a hammy, but I doubt he would have got one anyway because Hyde was at that same time being named among Coburgs best every week and he couldn't get a look in.
Unfortunately for Mills and Hyde I think they will play most of the season for Coburg before being de-listed.
Hardly fair when you consider how little ground time they have had.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Mills may not have had much of a go, but he's not exactly knocking the door down, is he?

Whenever I've seen him play (and I've seen a couple of Coburg games over the past year or so) he just cruises around — never seems to be really putting in. Has all the skills but is just bone lazy IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if he lacks a bit up top, to put it gently.

Hyde lacks muscle - could be a player but is too easily brushed aside at the top level. If he can gain 5-10 kgs and some strength he'd probably make it. He can certainly find the ball.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Unfortunately you might be right on Millsy Dean3. I thought he may have lacked a bit in pace, maybe like you say it's is an application thing aswell as a pace thing.
Who is Hyde a comparitive height to? Campbell?
Maybe we should send our skinny blokes to WA for a year... they have a team full of Adonis's ssss ss ss s s
Whats the deal with that? Are the skinny kids so ashamed of how puny their bodies are once they train with the senior guys a few times that they decide, right thats it all I am doing this summer and winter and next summer is weights. And then 16 months later another adonis rolls off the weevils production line!

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
I have said this many times, but will say it one more time for the people at home..

MILLS IS THE BIGGEST HACK ON OUR LIST

Watching this guy play just highlights some of the really bad selections this club has made in drafts gone by.

The sooner he is delisted the better.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I wish Danny would tape RR's assesment to Millsy's locker maybe then we would find out if it is true or not.