Minimum system requirements | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Minimum system requirements

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Wondering if anyone could help me with this. I brought the sims 2 PC game today and installed however when I try and play it the game is really slow. It says in the instruction manual that if I don't have the minimum system requirements the game may be slow. Now my question is, how do I work out if I have the minimum system requirements.
Cpu: 800MHz or faster
Video: DirectX 9.0 compatible
Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible
Video card must have 32MB or more of memory and one of these T&L capable chipsets: ATI Radeon 7200 or greater; NVIDIA GeForce2 or greater.

Now that may as well be in another language as far I'm concerned. I have no clue what it means and how to check what my computer has. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
TG, at the very beginning when you computer boots up (black screen with white writing),hit the pause button, it will tell you a heap of info of your system. It will also do a memory check.
write all this info down and tell me what it says.
hit enter to continue the boot process.
From the sounds of things you machine maybe a little underpowered for this game. My wife plays sims on our PC without a problem and it's not far above the recommended spec.