Monarch Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Monarch Discussion

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
One of the richest people to ever live, whose inherited fortune was the result of the rape, pillage and mass slaughter of ordinary people both in her own country and many others around the world, who lived her entire privileged life in grotesque, opulent wealth, funded to the tune of Christ knows how many billions in taxpayer pounds, in literal palaces and castles (PLURAL), while homeless people froze outside and schools and hospitals went underfunded, has died at an age older than 99.999999999999% of people who have ever lived.

Still, peasants tug the forelock and call it 'Queen'. And thank it for its 'service'.

Not this black duck. Rot in hell, you inbred, wealth-stealing, palace-living, castle-owning, taxpayer-funded colonising symbol and beneficiary of systematic, violent, oppression and theft.

Hopefully all those missing kids with her blood type will now be released from the dungeon.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Not this black duck. Rot in hell, you inbred, wealth-stealing, palace-living, castle-owning, taxpayer-funded colonising symbol and beneficiary of systematic, violent, oppression and theft.

Thanks for saving me writing that.

I've done the line-up and shake hands with the Queen a couple of times and she was a nice old lady but royalty sits next to religion as things that would make the planet better if they were obliterated.

Reactions: 4 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
One of the richest people to ever live, whose inherited fortune was the result of the rape, pillage and mass slaughter of ordinary people both in her own country and many others around the world, who lived her entire privileged life in grotesque, opulent wealth, funded to the tune of Christ knows how many billions in taxpayer pounds, in literal palaces and castles (PLURAL), while homeless people froze outside and schools and hospitals went underfunded, has died at an age older than 99.999999999999% of people who have ever lived.

Still, peasants tug the forelock and call it 'Queen'. And thank it for its 'service'.

Hopefully all those missing kids with her blood type will now be released from the dungeon.

View attachment 16746
What a sad disrespectful tirade, selective with historical events over which she had no control. Interesting insight into your thoughts about someone who was a great example of how to accept her role and perform it consistently to the best of her ability. Just like we'd want our Tigers to perform.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

I've done the line-up and shake hands with the Queen a couple of times and she was a nice old lady but royalty sits next to religion as things that would make the planet better if they were obliterated.
Someone should flog her skull and put it in a glass case in a museum in another country.
What a sad disrespectful tirade, selective with historical events over which she had no control. Interesting insight into your thoughts about someone who was a great example of how to accept her role and perform it consistently to the best of her ability. Just like we'd want our Tigers to perform.
You do you, Mick.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010

On the proviso that the militant atheists hadn't replaced it with other quasi-religious belief systems, so that the post religious world would be one of logic, rationale and objective reason.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Interesting take PT. What's an example of a militant atheist quasi-belief system?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

View attachment 16746
There always one every forum.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah I see this kind of thing a lot. It's a conflation of atheism - the lack of belief in a deity, or a philosophical position that there is no empirical evidence of a deity so therefore it's likely none exist - with all sorts of other social/political phenomena.

Atheism has nothing to do with "woke", although some people who are "woke" might be atheists. Someone might be "militantly woke", or they might be "militantly athiest" or possibly even both, but the sets are different sets. You could be "militantly athiest" - whatever that means - and also socially/economically conservative in many other ways.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
When was the last time an atheist started a holy war or cut someone's head off for drawing a picture of Not God?

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Irish and African ex-colony twitter going off right now

1662703390415.png

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
National anthem will now be changed to "God save the King".....same tune?

What would've happened if her uncle Edward VIII hadn't abdicated? We'd be Nazis? :))

Reactions: 2 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Yeah I see this kind of thing a lot. It's a conflation of atheism - the lack of belief in a deity, or a philosophical position that there is no empirical evidence of a deity so therefore it's likely none exist - with all sorts of other social/political phenomena.

Atheism has nothing to do with "woke", although some people who are "woke" might be atheists. Someone might be "militantly woke", or they might be "militantly athiest" or possibly even both, but the sets are different sets. You could be "militantly athiest" - whatever that means - and also socially/economically conservative in many other ways.
Apologies AA. I think you may have misinterpreted me.....or perhaps I didn't articulate very well. I didn't mean to suggest that atheism and this kind of politics that has manifested as quasi religion are one in the same. I agree with you on this.

It was more my observation that outspoken atheists seem to overtly state, or at least infer, that once religion (presumably the root of all evil in the world) has been cleansed from our society, we end up in some sort of utopia where the world is more rational and logical, ruled by objective, observable fact and truth. When what actually appears to be happening is the void is being filled by a form of politics that manifests as quasi-religious beliefs. It's like religion in a post god world. And it's full of all of the same themes of sanctimony, knots of contradictions and such as religion.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Playing devils advocate for a second. What should her title be instead?

Where I'm coming from, the husband of a female monarch doesn't get upgraded to the title of King, or King 'consort'. Usually stays as a Duke or a Prince. If we were being consistent to the conventions for the husband of a female monarch. Perhaps Camilla shouldn't be upgraded at all and simply remains a Duchess of some description.
The male husband of a British monarch is generally referred to as a Prince, with the exception of William of Orange who ruled with his wife Mary. Philip was already a Prince when he married Elizabeth, I think being named Duke of Edinburgh was the new title. While the press is calling Camilla the Queen Consort, she’ll generally be referred to as Queen, in the same way that Elizabeth (the Queen Mother) was always called Queen.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Apologies AA. I think you may have misinterpreted me.....or perhaps I didn't articulate very well. I didn't mean to suggest that atheism and this kind of politics that has manifested as quasi religion are one in the same. I agree with you on this.

It was more my observation that outspoken atheists seem to overtly state, or at least infer, that once religion (presumably the root of all evil in the world) has been cleansed from our society, we end up in some sort of utopia where the world is more rational and logical, ruled by objective, observable fact and truth. When what actually appears to be happening is the void is being filled by a form of politics that manifests as quasi-religious beliefs. It's like religion in a post god world. And it's full of all of the same themes of sanctimony, knots of contradictions and such as religion.

No need for apologies PT, I love these types of discussions. I agree that some ideology has negative aspects similar to religion, and agree that removal of all religion by itself does not guarantee anything.

I'll leave this now as maybe not the best thread for this topic, might make an atheism thread later.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
When was the last time an atheist started a holy war or cut someone's head off for drawing a picture of Not God?
No, they embrace Political ideologies as quasi-religions, with the same level of fanaticism as medieval religious zealots and murder their own population in the name of it.