Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I watched it. For those that haven’t watched it it doesn’t focus on the massacre itself but the lead in years (it stops as he’s about to begin the shoootings). It’s very well done, understated.

I don’t know why people get all righteous about this topic, have you never watched a movie about Hitler, never watched a doco on 9/11, read a book about an atrocity?

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
watched Ford v Ferrari the other day. Few years old now. Fantastic show. Ken Miles, what a man. Great on 2 levels, the amazing achievement of executing the plan from scratch and winning Le Mans for Ford. And also corporate power and the evil petty yes men. Ford said to Carroll Shelby we will write you a blank cheque and give you total control of the program, but they couldn't actually do that, and of course no big corporation can ever relinquish control. Ken Miles, Carroll Shelby, Lee Ioccoca, and Ken Beebe, Henry Ford II all great characters in the film, and the first 3 at least giants in real life, and the last 2 compelling in their patheticness. A sporting and political pressure cooker, loved it.

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Unforgivable with Sandra Bullock on Netflix is well worth a watch.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Being the Ricardo's on Prime video is very good. It's Aaron Sorkin so you know its Gunna be good.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Being the Ricardo's on Prime video is very good. It's Aaron Sorkin so you know its Gunna be good.

Perfectly cast, Nicole Kidman ...... don't reckon she'd take much *smile* from the Hollywood heavyweights either. Given the the right role, she is a great actor.

Reading up on Lucille Ball has you realising what a force she must've been in a male dominated era and industry!

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Perfectly cast, Nicole Kidman ...... don't reckon she'd take much *smile* from the Hollywood heavyweights either. Given the the right role, she is a great actor.

Reading up on Lucille Ball has you realising what a force she must've been in a male dominated era and industry!

Just listened to a great podcast about the life of Lucille Ball. I saw reruns of I Love Lucy as a kid and always thought it was corny tripe (which it kind of was) but she and Desi were amazing innovators - they shot it on film, started the whole rerun and franchising thing, and the Desilu studio also made The Untouchables, Star Trek, and Mission Impossible.

Amazing life and career.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just listened to a great podcast about the life of Lucille Ball. I saw reruns of I Love Lucy as a kid and always thought it was corny tripe (which it kind of was) but she and Desi were amazing innovators - they shot it on film, started the whole rerun and franchising thing, and the Desilu studio also made The Untouchables, Star Trek, and Mission Impossible.

Amazing life and career.

Just caught the last 30 minutes of the Lucy doc on SBS last night and noticed Debra Messing of Will & Grace played her part in one episode. They should've used her instead of Nicole Kidman as Lucy. Perfect look that even Lucy Arnaz congratulated her at the time.

Judge Smailes

The world needs ditch diggers too!
Dec 17, 2003
Adelaide
First time in this thread.... if you want to see an intense and well directed movie on Netflix... "Calibre". Holy crap, hard watch, tension! If you want to see one of the most bizarre flicks ever, 'The Lobster" with Colin Farrel. WTF? Same dude directed "Killing of a Sacred Deer" with Nicole Kidman and Farrell. Equally f***** weird!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
First time in this thread.... if you want to see an intense and well directed movie on Netflix... "Calibre". Holy crap, hard watch, tension! If you want to see one of the most bizarre flicks ever, 'The Lobster" with Colin Farrel. WTF? Same dude directed "Killing of a Sacred Deer" with Nicole Kidman and Farrell. Equally f***** weird!!
Hahaha! The Lobster is ace.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Amazing life and career.

She was an incredible talent.

Reactions: 1 user

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
If you want to see one of the most bizarre flicks ever, 'The Lobster" with Colin Farrel. WTF? Same dude directed "Killing of a Sacred Deer" with Nicole Kidman and Farrell. Equally f***** weird!!

Yorgos Lanthimos who also directed The Favorite. Great director.

Reactions: 1 users