Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Infinite with Marty Mark on the new streaming service Paramount + (7 day free trial) .

Dont bother. Nonsensical boring crud.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
CODA - very good film, easy to watch. Well acted
Child Of Deaf Adults. Tells the story of a young girl who has deaf parents and brother. She aspires to be a singer.
Marlee Matlin as the mum.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Cruella for a kids/teenager movie is pretty damn entertaining
Watched this last night and found it very tedious (140 minutes), didn’t seem to be a kids film at all, more like a film for adults that just happened to be rated PG. Can’t see how kids would’ve enjoyed it, wasn’t funny, wasn’t silly, just long, bland and boring IMO.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Interesting take Tim, personally I liked Cruella. Emma Stone was excellent I thought. With so much crap out there, I felt it was well done.

Whilst on kids movies we watched an underrated Pixar gem in 'Soul' last night.
This one didn't get released in theaters last year hence I guess the low profile but I thought it was one of Pixar's best animated movies yet.
About a musician who dies & his spirit looks to find it's way back.
Really great story & characters, not to mention the high level of creativity.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Watched this last night and found it very tedious (140 minutes), didn’t seem to be a kids film at all, more like a film for adults that just happened to be rated PG. Can’t see how kids would’ve enjoyed it, wasn’t funny, wasn’t silly, just long, bland and boring IMO.
Opposite for me. Watched it last week with family and 11 & 12 year old loved it. Wife and I enjoyed it as well. All gave it the thumbs up. Thought the Emma's were great.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Infinite with Marty Mark on the new streaming service Paramount + (7 day free trial) .

Dont bother. Nonsensical boring crud.
Yeah watched that. Started off well then died a slow death.

Was in the mood for action/sci fi, so also watched The Tomorrow War. The concept was ok, so was the alien graphics, but the acting was real bad.

Didn't mind Palm Springs - a Groundhog day, time loop type movie with a bit of fun. The 2 main actors were pretty good. would recommend this one.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Uncut Gems is pretty good. Adam Sandler does a great job in this movie.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Watched Sergio Leone's .... Once Upon a Time in America (1984) during the course of yesterday. ..(Netflix 3h 49m!)
Prohibition era gangsters. ....
Dunno why I've never seen it before and I'm not sure how to explain it for those in the same boat.
Just read some original reviews. ... very polarizing film it appears, which might be in part because Hollywood were not huge fans of Leone's style.
Masterpiece to some.... rubbish to others!
Apparently, when originally released the distributor cut 90 minutes and basically destroyed it.
Anyway, I liked it, and the music by Ennio Morricone is mesmerizing.

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Watched Sergio Leone's .... Once Upon a Time in America (1984) during the course of yesterday. ..
Anyway, I liked it, and the music by Ennio Morricone is mesmerizing.
Leone and Morricone and cinematographer Tonino Delli Colli are masters.
They also made 'the Good the Bad and the Ugly', and 'Once Upon a Time in the West' together.
Incredible films..

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Got through about 40 minutes of it but had to turn it off.

Wish I could get that time back!

I loved it but it's definitely not a feel-good family favourite.

The 80s synth soundtrack is pretty grating if you aren't into it.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I loved it but it's definitely not a feel-good family favourite.

The 80s synth soundtrack is pretty grating if you aren't into it.
Yeah same. It's different but really enjoyed it. Loved the constant loud door buzzer. Great effect.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah same. It's different but really enjoyed it. Loved the constant loud door buzzer. Great effect.

Spoiler alert for those who want to watch it.

You know at the end when the guys shoot all the other guys in the store and start grabbing sh1t?

They won't be able to get out. That damn faulty door man. LOL

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
This kept coming up as a suggestion and I'm glad I watched it. Heartbreaking in parts. Great acting by Michael Keaton.

Reactions: 2 users