MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

I don't think its Clark's fault, with the angle Mackay was coming in from, he'd only be able to see him peripherally.

Its a bit easier to know your surroundings in a sport like soccer where the bounce/roll of the ball is predictable, but in AFL you might be caught out with a random bounce if you take your eyes off it.

I'm torn on this one as i sympathise with both players and i don't think either of them really did anything particularly wrong. Its just one of those unfortunate incidents that happens in a 360 degree contact sport.

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunate accident. Even a sport like basketball has plenty of concussions. You'll never eliminate accidents.

Well, time for a rule change I guess. Fair result purely on the basis the the laws today don't consider his actions illegal.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow. Ok so Picketts suspension looks completely ludicrous now.

I wonder if the AFL will appeal on the grounds of this being ‘manifestly inadequate’… this league is a complete joke.

Reactions: 4 users
AFL360 just replayed the Duckwood and Mansell one. Clearly shows Duckwood arched his back (like a cat does) when going for the ball rather than straightening his back to go (dive) for the ball. Only Richmond.

Troubling decision. Where to from here?

With my Richmond hat on, the best that can be said of it is the Cotchin/Shiel incident is no longer the measuring stick for what's an acceptable contest and what's not. Mackay's actions—and the outcome—put Cotchin's in the shade.

Reactions: 2 users
He’ll have more rule changes drafted, and lined up to go with….he loves rule changes. The more the better.
Apparently he’s an administrator (and an important one at that) so he’s gotta administer.

Similarly you are allowed to accelerate into contests, but if you elect to do so and make high contact then you should be suspended, regardless of going for the ball or not. Suspensions should be handed out so players change their approach and technique when accelerating into contests. You can't go full barrel after the ball and anything that happens after that is just bad luck.
On this call Cotch should have been suspended for his collision with Shiel n missed the Granny.

What's the issue David king all of a sudden has with concussion?
Is he on the board of Concussion Australia?
If they stop half the shiit King wants them to stop.
AFL will be netball with goal posts

Wow. Ok so Picketts suspension looks completely ludicrous now.
Whilst Pickett should never have been reported in the first place. There is a difference to the two situations.
Fish chose to tackle and executed poorly so some form of penalty, free kick n probable 50 metre penalty would have been more than adequate.
Mackay did nothing more than contest hard at a loose ball as is permitted during a game. He braced reflexively when contact was inevitable but Clark was simply / foolishly unaware there was a contest n contact coming. Unfortunate he got wiped out, but Mackay wasn't electing to bump or tackle, merely trying to compete desperately for the loose ball.