Music Captain for PREstock | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Music Captain for PREstock

Who do you vote for as our Music Captain

• Redford

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • TT33

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A dual captaincy

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Redford said:
The Church.

Fairly different/non mainstream.

Non mainstream is good.  Tell me a couple of cd titles Redders and I'll listen to them next time I get down to Gaslight.

A while ago a friend talked me into making a spreadsheet of my records and cd's and I just checked for Church on it but it wasn't there.  

Clay it might be a good idea to save your chant till you get on the bus. Shouldn't show all your cards at once. ;)

Yeah for sure.I was right into that sort of stuff The Clash,The Damned, The Cure The Who.Lots of The's

There's so many albums Rosy, I wouldn't know where to start. They first formed in 1980 !! Heh heh heh...

Are we organising our Music captain or are we wandering down musical memory lane? Redford, I think you've established your credentials here. Perhaps you should start a new thread to discuss your music? I can do it for you if you like?

Discuss

evo said:
Yeah for sure.I was right into that sort of stuff The Clash,The Damned, The Cure The Who.Lots of The's

Aaah The Cure. Robert Smith. Excellent band. Fired them up on Saturday night with some friends actually......Pictures of You, Forest, In Between Days, Close to Me, Primary, Boys Don't Cry, High......great stuff.

ClayBevan said:

The content on this thread is very important in helping people decide who to vote for.  As such I think it should continue. ;D

Excellent musical tastes by all and sundry...Im very impressed A+ for all of you.
When I lived in the states I got into the Grateful Dead,and still have a ripper tiedye T-shirt of them.
I have seen Sunny Boys,The Saints,Birthday Party and The Church perform live.
You may be disappointed to hear that the Central Club on Swan and Coppin st has become a Strip venue. :'(
I lived a block away a few years back and it was brilliant for bands back then.
The Clash are other favorites,and Ive met Joe Strummer too.
I lived in London for a few years too and also got to meet Ronnie Wood(Rolling Stones),Steve Jones (sex pistols-my all time favorites) Cliff Richard(haha) and Joe Elliot (Def Leopard).
Also met Spiderbait,my current favorite Aussie band and Skunk Anansie in Vancouver.
London was a great place to be for live music.
I blew 1000s of pounds going to gigs over 3 years.

I think we are in safe hands music and games wise with Redford.
He gets my vote!

struggletown3121 said:
You may be disappointed to hear that the Central Club on Swan and Coppin st has become a Strip venue. :'(

Yeah, I know. Disapointing.

struggletown3121 said:
The Clash are other favorites,and Ive met Joe Strummer too.
I lived in London for a few years too and also got to meet Ronnie Wood(Rolling Stones),Steve Jones (sex pistols-my all time favorites) Cliff Richard(haha) and Joe Elliot (Def Leopard).
Also met Spiderbait,my current favorite Aussie band and Skunk Anansie in Vancouver.

Geez, that's pretty impressive Doublecrown. Ol' Joe Strummer. Passed away recently. Saw him and the Mescaderos or whatever they call themselves at the Corner last year. He was good. What are all those guys that you mentioned you'd met like ?

struggletown3121 said:
I think we are in safe hands music and games wise with Redford.
He gets my vote!

Noooo. I wanna' be the Games Captain. Forget the music. Think Nude Twister...Strip Poker...Sexual Pursuit etc. etc.

Ronnie Wood was just sitting in a bar reading the paper having a few pints.
Was happy to chat and was ' a geezer' a top fella who loved a beer and a laugh.
Loved a chat about music too,unsuprisingly.
Became a regular of sorts in the bar.
Steve Jones was hilarious.An absolute f##k up who has wound up rich and famous.Wants nothing more in life than to drink and shag.More comfortable talking about soccer and birds than music,an absolute pisser without meaning to be.
Cliff Richard was a gentleman,but prefered to be left alone,so I didnt get to know him very well.
Joe Elliot was loud and boisterous and loved a drink.His GF had the biggest..erm chest you'll ever see and they looked like a older version of a bad 80s era refusing to move on.
Spiderbait guys are great down to earth people.
Loved footy and were Fitzroy fans from memory a few of them.
The chick from Skunk Anansie was a brilliant live performer and had a powerful voice but was a bitchy mole,so gave them little time.

struggletown3121 said:
Ronnie Wood was just sitting in a bar reading the paper having a few pints.
Was happy to chat and was ' a geezer' a top fella who loved a beer and a laugh.
Loved a chat about music too,unsuprisingly.
Became a regular of sorts in the bar.
Steve Jones was hilarious.An absolute f##k up who has wound up rich and famous.Wants nothing more in life than to drink and shag.More comfortable talking about soccer and birds than music,an absolute p!sser without meaning to be.
Cliff Richard was a gentleman,but prefered to be left alone,so I didnt get to know him very well.
Joe Elliot was loud and boisterous and loved a drink.His GF had the biggest..erm chest you'll ever see and they looked like a older version of a bad 80s era refusing to move on.
Spiderbait guys are great down to earth people.
Loved footy and were Fitzroy fans from memory a few of them.
The chick from Skunk Anansie was a brilliant live performer and had a powerful voice but was a b!tchy mole,so gave them little time.

Excellent review Druggietown. We're gonna get you a job with Rolling Stone.

Spiderbait. Good band. Got all bar one of their albums. Playing at the Corner Hotel very soon.

Good work on Spiderbait their struggle.Partial to them myself."Buy me a pony" is one of my favourite Aussie songs of all time.Seen them heaps.A frind of a friend  of mine is the guy  behind "Rock above the Falls" at Lorne so have met loads of interesting band members over the years.

Probably the best bands I've meyt are Tool and Monster Magnet.

Spiderbait at the corner you say??
Excellent news!!!!
I might wander down on Sunday after the game to secure a berth for it.

My bands going back up to Sydney this week to play at the Annondale and our cd's in the charts woohoo.

I have 600 cds in my collection mostly 60's to today-My fav music is progressive rock and alternative rock and a little bit of metal  and jazz/jazzrock.

I can play mean drums but I'm dumb at everything else heheh-except supporting my tiges. :)

Played in a gig with the guys from Skunkhour in Sydney last week-our bands both have talented female vocalists.

Our bassist and guitarist is from Newcastle and our keyboardist who is my best friend is from melbourne band Sneak-our style and influences are Blondie,The Cure,Interpol,Smashing Pumpkins,Radiohead ,XTC,Jefferson Airplane(60's version) ;D

Our singer originally is from Darwin.

This explains my reason for not going to watch the Tiges in the last few weeks. :-\

While we are discussing music, I recently dropped a CD onto my shoes whilst I was nuggeting them, and nugget got onto the CD. I didn't realise this for some time, and now the nugget appears to have become encrusted on the CD.

Any suggestions for how one might clean nugget off a CD? Is there a website that tells you this information or should I call Panasonic, or maybe Nightline with Bruce Mansfield and Phil Brady?