Music to pep you up after a loss | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Music to pep you up after a loss

Knighter

Do you really want the answer?
Aug 8, 2003
Melbourne
Picture this...The Tigers have just been beaten by Carlton (grrrr) by 1 point. Richo has cracked the sads at all and sundry and you trudge home looking for something to pep up your spirits. You turn to the trusty CD player and wack on some tunes as the beer fridge is opened and a can is extracted.......

I was wondering what music you guys turn to to lift the spirits after a loss? I thought I'd rate the bands by decade and get a response (maybe?).

60's The Stones, The Who, The Beatles and The Kinks. (Anything starting with "The" basically)

70's Ted Mulry Gang (R.I.P. Ted), Wings, The Jam

80's The Police, Elvis Costello,

90's and beyond Ice Cream Hands, Ed Kuepper, Alex Lloyd.

What do you guys think? Do you even give 2 Stuffs????

Cheers

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com
I'm a touch short of you M33 (though your alias was a ref to Matty Knights??)

After a loss, I'm not up much for listening to music. after a win is another matter. Chem bros, Tool and Pixies.

Knighter

Aug 8, 2003
Melbourne
It actually is in reference to Knighter. Although, the age is the same as his famous number!

Doesn't everyone miss Knighter???

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
I'm in your age bracket there, M33.

I don't want cheering up after a loss, I'd much rather do some major damage to a slab of VB, and be morose.

Pink Floyd is ideal for this purpose.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I don't want to be pepped up after a win. I'd prefer to wallow in my misery.

Lou Reed-Berlin or Rock and Roll Animal

Leonard Cohen-Live

If I haven't slit my wrists by then I love Jackson Browne or Neil Young or Eagles to remind me of other shattered dreams.

Win lose or draw I always love listening to Pink Floyd and Grateful Dead.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Summer Time Blues- Eddie Cochran.

There aint no cure for the Summer/Autumn time BLUES!!

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
Nick Cave without a doubt.

Mercy Seat, Henry Lee, Come Sail your Ships, Red Right Hand, Do You Love Me

These are anthems of a Richmond loss.

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
I find any "music" from 73-74 is therapeutic..
Ahhhh memories.
If that fails I like to listen to the sound of a bottle Jack Daniels opening.. To all those who have not heard of even half of original bands mentioned. Throw out your wiggles and Britney and LIVE.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
rosy3 said:
Leonard Cohen-Live

Rosy, shouldn't it be Leonard Cohen - Dead ;D
Was he ever alive???
Oh the sisters of mercy, they are not departed or gone.... ;D ;D

In all seriousness the best thing after a loss...grab an 80's cd look for timbuk3 "future's so bright (I gotta wear shades)" crank up the volume and let all your inhibitions hang out! ;D

eight ace

I live a life of well fed idleness
Feb 24, 2004
The Mercy Seat is one of the all time great songs. What a downfall Nocturama was.

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
Missing33 said:
Picture this...The Tigers have just been beaten by Carlton (grrrr) by 1 point. Richo has cracked the sads at all and sundry and you trudge home looking for something to pep up your spirits. You turn to the trusty CD player and wack on some tunes as the beer fridge is opened and a can is extracted.......

I was wondering what music you guys turn to to lift the spirits after a loss? I thought I'd rate the bands by decade and get a response (maybe?).

60's The Stones, The Who, The Beatles and The Kinks. (Anything starting with "The" basically)

70's Ted Mulry Gang (R.I.P. Ted), Wings, The Jam

80's The Police, Elvis Costello,

90's and beyond Ice Cream Hands, Ed Kuepper, Alex Lloyd.

What do you guys think? Do you even give 2 Stuffs????

Cheers

Excellent choices M33, enjoy all these with possibly the exception of ice cream hands.
I may add...Pearl Jam , The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Fatboy Slim, The chemical bros and Weezer
Depending on my mood KISS may even get a whirl
I am spoilt for choice too as last count l had over 500 cds

Knighter

Aug 8, 2003
Melbourne
If I can suggest to you struggletown to give the Icecream Hands a try if you haven't? An extremely fine Melbourne band who are well and truly underrated. And to cap it off Smiley (the drummer) is a one eyed Tiger boy!

Give them a whirl. Look for a great track called "You could be reported"

Cheers

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
look out for the band I'm in hehe Valanti ep out soon
http://www.valanti.com.au/

om I'm the drummer.hang around musos lol