MY WEEK | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MY WEEK

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Ignore this if it would be considered confidential info KL, but I'm interested to know what the club expected of players like Kingy and Rogo.

Yeah it is difficult to post about certain things Rosy. I was in a very privledged position and I there were things that were obviously confidential.

But with regard to firstly Matt Rogers.

I made a comment in my vote post about Matty and said that he had played exactly how he was asked to against Yze. There are team rules and structures and then there are certain players who are given specific jobs. That week Matt Rogers had a specific role to play and getting 30 kicks was not it. Stopping Yze was - he did that job. From the review of the Essendon game it was clear to me he had specific role and he did it. As for Kingy, he was bought in because he makes a contest on the ground. "In and Under" as they say. It is his strength. He also has been used in negating roles in the past and that was a consideration as well.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Rodan#18 said:
WOW :D :D

did they invite you into the coaches box for the game Lill ?

No Rodan#18 - not in the coaches box. That was the only thing not included. Some lucky bloke was in the coaches box for the Essendon game - having paid $6000 for the privledge. I stil think I got the better deal.

I sat with the injured players (Duncan, Matt Shir, Otto), players families, wives & girlfriends.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
TigerFurious said:
I'm interested in your thoughts and impressions on Bowden if any. Does he look interested? Does he train with the same intensity as others, does he do anything different etc.

I am glad you asked this TF. I have been a huge critic of Joel's for a while now and I will admit I was curious as to what his approach is.

Does he look interested - yes.
Does he train with the same intensity as others: Yes probably more so actually. On the track he gets angry when he makes a mistake. Which surprised me because I don't think we see it on the field sometimes. Joel is part of the 8 man leadership group and I must say he certainly sets an example when it comes to training etc. He is very vocal as well as setting an example for the younger players

I think every week he is given a specific role. I know for the Melbourne game he was and he played it well. It was funny because if I hadn't of known what his role was for that game I probably would have been critical of some of the things he did.

Also, he deserves some credit for going back out against Melbourne. After the game I spoke to Greg Miller and he said it was a really bad corky. Perhaps kudos are due for playing against the Weagles as well :-\

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
tiggytam said:
I like everyone else am green with envy KL, read your report on the website only interesting thing they have had on there for months :p

I have trouble with computer access these days so I can't come in here everynight like I used to :'( But I made an effort tonight, so thanks once again KL

Thanks tiggytam.

Seeing you seen it on the web-site and most people would have seen my big ugly mug on this weeks Junglebeat ...

What did you think of the photo ??? Be gentle one and all ;D

You have got no idea the fun/drama here last trying to organise a photo.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Thanks for that KL. Fascinating stuff. I wonder how much detail the players can truly absorb?

BTW, your photo looks fine :)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Top shelf reporting Lill, u lucky thing!

Koalalill said:
Firstly, on Wayne Campbell. JohnF will love this. I have a new found respect for Cambo - he was sensational. You could have knocked me over with a feather when he came over introduced himself. So unexpected - but so professional - I will not hear a bad word about Cambo!

Good to see Wayne was on his best behaviour and gave you a nice greeting, rather than the snobby reception he gave Rosy. Maybe old age has softened him and made him a bit more receptive to fans. Maybe fans are also being a little more appreciaive of him now, which has in turn made him embrace them a little more.

GO LILL! GO CAMBO! GO TIGES!

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Koalalill said:
I sat with the injured players (Duncan, Matt Shir, Otto), players families, wives & girlfriends.

Whose wives and girlfriends KL? C'mon - spill the beans - put all the single girls here out of their misery and satisfy the curiousity of the married ones.

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
julzqld said:
Whose wives and girlfriends KL? C'mon - spill the beans - put all the single girls here out of their misery and satisfy the curiousity of the married ones.

Well let me see... I don't know really who belonged to which player so to speak.

Though Justing Blumfield is taken - he was there with a very pretty lady.

Do know Gas is married, as is Leon Cameron.