Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

He's got a beautiful kick. Both on field & for goal.

Strangely for a convert, the kicking action looks super natural as well. Compare that to other converts where the kicking looks a bit mechanical, Lefaus doesn't.

I go back to that kick to Dusty for his goal I think in the 2nd quarter of the Melbourne game (might have been 4th we were kicking to the City end), perfectly weighted kick over Stephen Mays head to Dusty's advantage.

I'd seen him in the VFL and thought he was a brute, powerful and strong, but he's much more than that. As you say his kicking is very good which makes him a perfect option for the 3rd tall, has the endurance, power and speed to get himself up and down the ground, and his kicking both around the ground and towards goal is very good

Reactions: 2 users
"too slow for the guts"

Let's just point out he's both been the fastest on the ground in one game, covered the most ground in another games, has literally dumped players on their backs trying to tackle him in other games, and has shown some real penetration kicking inside 50m.

He has every physical attribute to be a real explosive mid or interesting second/third ruck option. He probably doesn't have the footy IQ or game read to be successful though. He has come a way, but I wouldn't call it long. He's played 4 games. Lets say he's come a long way at the end of the season when we will have a real idea of his overall growth.

Reactions: 7 users
I’m buying stock and options.

Elite AFL traits everywhere and no big man support. Imagine Lynch and Balta taking 1 and 2. Lefau is going to monster whoever is 3 in the air and with speed on the ground.

He got aliir aliir and ratogolea in game 1. Was brutally unfair but that’s afl.

Reactions: 11 users
Liked his game today. Kept presenting and played on a good opponent. Looks like he feels that he belongs.

Reactions: 10 users
Had 2 - if Ralph smith hits a standard chip in front of him that he runs onto he has 3. Nice set shot too and has legs for 50m shots. Looks good and can’t wait to see what it looks like with lynch/balta.

Reactions: 5 users
Had 2 - if Ralph smith hits a standard chip in front of him that he runs onto he has 3. Nice set shot too and has legs for 50m shots. Looks good and can’t wait to see what it looks like with lynch/balta.
Immediately makes us more dangerous with one of Lynch or Balta. Both would be ideal.

Reactions: 4 users
He’s our version of Mihochek but will be a lot better with more games

Reactions: 1 users
Did well, considering he had no support from his midfielders or fellow forwards.

And he can teach much more experienced teammates on how to kick at goal.

Reactions: 4 users
Strangely for a convert, the kicking action looks super natural as well. Compare that to other converts where the kicking looks a bit mechanical, Lefaus doesn't.

I go back to that kick to Dusty for his goal I think in the 2nd quarter of the Melbourne game (might have been 4th we were kicking to the City end), perfectly weighted kick over Stephen Mays head to Dusty's advantage.

I'd seen him in the VFL and thought he was a brute, powerful and strong, but he's much more than that. As you say his kicking is very good which makes him a perfect option for the 3rd tall, has the endurance, power and speed to get himself up and down the ground, and his kicking both around the ground and towards goal is very good

Balta back next week will be huge for Mykelti. However, for the team, I think he stays when Lynch gets back. Balta and him are very athletic - this will result in a great match up for most teams as most backlines cannot handle three super strong forwards. He chases really well.

Reactions: 2 users
His effort was excellent today. He never gave up contesting and bringing the ball to the ground even though he was outnumbered at most contests. It was the first time I’ve seen him play live and I was impressed by his rapid improvement since his first game.

Reactions: 14 users
Right now we are using him as a marking forward and he has neither the height or experience to be that. What he does have though, a willingness to learn and go for the ball, bring it to ground for our smalls plus a pretty fair kick at goal. I don't expect him to be a gold plated star but he sure will be a very useful player to us going forward. He sure has improved since his first game so credit to him

Reactions: 6 users