NAB AFL Draft & Carnival Dates | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NAB AFL Draft & Carnival Dates

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
NAB AFL Draft

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=draft&spg=display&articleid=203961

2005 NAB AFL Under 18 Championships
9:24:10 AM Fri 20 May, 2005
With the NAB’s AFL U18 Championships only just over a month away all eight teams have stepped up the preparation for what will again be an enthralling Championship to be held in Melbourne from the 25th June – 3rd July 2005.

In Division One title holder Victoria Metro and state counterpart Victoria Country have had initial intra squad trials and will play each other at Optus Oval on Sunday 12th June.

Both South Australia and Western Australia U18’s will receive strong competition in their lead up games which include playing their State U20 squad – South Australia’s game on Saturday 21st May at Woodville Oval and Western Australia’s U18’s vs. U20’s on June 11th.

In Division 2, the Northern Territory, Queensland, NSW/ACT and Tasmania will play 3 matches against TAC Cup teams as well as a full round against Division 2 teams in the NAB’s AFL Challenge Cup, with the final two games at Optus Oval on the 10th and 13th June.

Again the NAB’s AFL U18 Championships will be a major focus of all the AFL Clubs, with an average of 45 players drafted from it each year. Last year all of the top ten in the NAB’s AFL Draft, from Brett Deledio at Number 1 to the 10th choice Chris Egan (both pictured below) - impressive on debut in Round 8, were among the 200 players on show.

Upcoming Matches at State U18 Level

Date Venue Time Team 1   Team 2
21st May  Woodville 2.20pm South Australia  v South Australia U20
21st May  Coorparoo  11.15am  Queensland Scorpions  v Gippsland Power
21st May  Burbank Oval  11.00am  Western Jets  v Northern Territory Thunder 
28th May  Skilled Stadium  10.40am  Geelong Falcons  v Tassie Mariners
28th May  Shepley Oval  Noon  Dandenong Stingrays  v NSW/ACT Rams
28th May  Northern Oval  Noon  Nth Ballarat  v Queensland Scorpions
28th May Marrara 7.00pm  Northern Territory Thunder  v Calder Cannons
5th June  Henson Park Sydney  1.00pm  NSW/ACT Rams v South Australia 18’s
10th June  Optus Oval  11.00am  Queensland Scorpions v NSW/ACT Rams 
10th June  Optus Oval  1.30pm  Northern Territory Thunder v Tassie Mariners

11th June  TBA TBA Western Australia v Western Australia U20’s
12th June  Optus Oval  11.00am  Victoria Metro  v Victoria Country 
13th June  Optus Oval  10.30am  NSW/ACT Rams  v Northern Territory Thunder
13th June  Optus Oval  1.00pm  Tassie Mariners  v Queensland Scorpions 

The full draw for the NAB’s AFL U18 Championships for 2005:

DIVISION ONE:

Match Date Venue Time Team 1   Team 2
1 Sun 26th June Optus Oval 12.00pm South Australia v Victoria Country
2 Sun 26th June Optus Oval 2.30pm Victoria Metro v Western Australia

3 Wed 29th June Skilled Stadium 11.00am Winner Match 1 v Loser Match 2
4 Wed 29th June Skilled Stadium 1.30pm Winner Match 2 v Loser Match 1
5 Sun July 3rd Optus Oval 11.00am Loser Match 1 v Loser Match 2
6 Sun July 3rd Optus Oval 1.30pm Winner Match 1 v Winner Match 2

DIVISION TWO:

Match Date Venue Time Team 1   Team 2
1 Sat 25th June Optus Oval 12.00pm Northern Territory v Tasmania
2 Sat 25th June Optus Oval 2.30pm Queensland v NSW/ACT

3 Tue 28th June Skilled Stadium 11.00am Winner Match 1 v Loser Match 2
4 Tue 28th June Skilled Stadium 1.30pm Winner Match 2 v Loser Match 1
5 Sat 2nd July Optus Oval 11.00am Loser Match 1 v Loser Match 2
6 Sat 2nd July Optus Oval 1.30pm Winner Match 1 v Winner Match 2

The Trial matches, running from June 10 to 13 at Optus seem compelling viewing, that is, prior to the carnival itself.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
Just bumped this up, so I could plan next weekend.

Damn it. Got to have my wife at the airport at 4pm on Saturday. That'll ruin the Qld match. :mad:

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Just checked the t.v guide.good to see foxtel are broadcasting the games live this saturday and sunday

I'm going this Sunday to OO

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
evo said:
Just checked the t.v guide.good to see foxtel are broadcasting the games live this saturday and sunday

Must get some long playing blank videos before this coming wkd.

DragicevicFan said:
When are Coburg playing this weekend??

Exams are all over by then, so i'll be able to go to either Coburg or the Carnival matches at OO

Coburg are playing 2pm Sunday. I'd much rather watch Vic Metro v WA from 2.30pm

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004
Can someone post full reports of these matches? After last years draft I have become really interested in this years. Think we have a chance of getting Muston?

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
skiptomystu said:
Can someone post full reports of these matches? After last years draft I have become really interested in this years. Think we have a chance of getting Muston?

I'd say that after his ACL injury that we've got a better chance than we had before.

Don't know too many clubs that would be using their 1st draft choices on a player with that kind of an injury.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Phantom said:
skiptomystu said:

I'd say that after his ACL injury that we've got a better chance than we had before.

Don't know too many clubs that would be using their 1st draft choices on a player with that kind of an injury.

I know of one club who have a history of making selections that make every other club scratch their head in public, but laugh about behind closed doors.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
DragicevicFan said:
Phantom said:
skiptomystu said:

I know of one club who have a history of making selections that make every other club scratch their head in public, but laugh about behind closed doors.

Which club?

Gazza68

The sleeping giant is waking from his slumber
Oct 23, 2004
Phantom said:
evo said:

Must get some long playing blank videos before this coming wkd.

DragicevicFan said:
When are Coburg playing this weekend??

Exams are all over by then, so i'll be able to go to either Coburg or the Carnival matches at OO

Coburg are playing 2pm Sunday. I'd much rather watch Vic Metro v WA from 2.30pm

Phantom, I think you need to go out & buy a panasonic dvd recorder with a 80 Gig HD, then you can record up to 120 hrs of the footy. Then anything you like, you can put it straight onto a dvd disc & keep it as a reference. You could probably work it as a tax deduction to help with work. :hihi

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
Bling said:
Phantom, I think you need to go out & buy a panasonic dvd recorder with a 80 Gig HD, then you can record up to 120 hrs of the footy. Then anything you like, you can put it straight onto a dvd disc & keep it as a reference. You could probably work it as a tax deduction to help with work. :hihi

That's not a bad idea. What's one of these going for nowadays?