NAB AFL Draft Combine | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NAB AFL Draft Combine

Dyer'ere said:
Compare to Nahas. What do the students think?

Much more midfield then Nahas, I was a fan last year. Can't understand how no one took a punt on him via the rookie draft. Runs hard both ways and finds space. THe other thing I like about Nelson is his ability to just find the footy. Knocks up touches for fun. And is really good in traffic, just knows how to get out of trouble. Is the perfect type to step up and play right away.

SCOOP said:
if Nelson is at 26, I would be all over it. Take him in a flash. He is something we don't have, he is the one for me I would think could start at Half Forward and over time become a big time ball winner. Despite his size, he hunts the ball & makes his tackles stick. He is my tip to become a star from outside the first round.

SCOOP said:
Not sure, depends who is on the board at 55. If Shane Nelson is on at 55, I would take him there and take J-Mac PSD.

If we did use 55, I wouldn’t be too upset but I would still be looking at getting more bodies in. I think someone like Nelson can be a long term upgrade on Shane Edwards. Even in a weak draft we can upgrade what is on our list. For a top six side that is harder but not for us.

And that’s the next step. Make the bottom six to eight earn a spot. We need spots up for grabs.

SCOOP said:
I would take a flyer on Shane Nelson via the rookie draft too.

SCOOP said:
Much more midfield then Nahas, I was a fan last year. Can't understand how no one took a punt on him via the rookie draft. Runs hard both ways and finds space. THe other thing I like about Nelson is his ability to just find the footy. Knocks up touches for fun. And is really good in traffic, just knows how to get out of trouble. Is the perfect type to step up and play right away.

What about his kicking Scoop? EQ claimed he's unreliable by foot and hence the reason he was overlooked. Is this a fair assessment?

bullus_hit said:
What about his kicking Scoop? EQ claimed he's unreliable by foot and hence the reason he was overlooked. Is this a fair assessment?

Wouldn't have thought so.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149725/default.aspx