Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This could be the arm that blocked him, but WTF are these flogs looking at anyway. It is Nank's fault for not been on Gawn. At least Broad tried.

1714008329584.png

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Happened right below us. The guy in front of me watched the build up closely. Vlas and Broad told Nank to move away and that they had Gawn covered. Nank at first said no and according to the guy in front Vlas told him to move off to the "pack" to the side.

Note: He didn't do that in the last and outmarked Gawn at least twice.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Nah. Wasn’t being blocked at all. Sounds like you’re relying on Richo’s moronic commentary - in which he contradicted himself anyway by saying “Yze wouldn’t be happy with that”. And neither should he be.

And the look on Nank’s face afterwards said it all too. He knew he had to be better there.

View attachment 22555
View attachment 22556
View attachment 22557
View attachment 22558

Gee, that last pic sure as hell looks like the Melbourne players are holding the Richmond defenders back from the contest. That has never been legal but it happens all too often these days and is a blight on the game.

DS

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Happened right below us. The guy in front of me watched the build up closely. Vlas and Broad told Nank to move away and that they had Gawn covered. Nank at first said no and according to the guy in front Vlas told him to move off to the "pack" to the side.

Note: He didn't do that in the last and outmarked Gawn at least twice.
I reckon that is reasonable- you want your ruckman free to come over and spoil, rather than be tangled up on the line, potentially out of play.

Nank just got it wrong. He was blocked, a little, but he still should have impacted the contest. he looked like he lacked awareness so once his run was impeded just a touch he couldnt get where he needed to be.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
and on Nank V Gawn. we beat them every year ( i think) from 17-20. When we were the better team. They have beaten us since, when they have been the better team. Gawn is a great ruck, but when we were good enough he made no difference to the result.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
and on Nank V Gawn. we beat them every year ( i think) from 17-20. When we were the better team. They have beaten us since, when they have been the better team. Gawn is a great ruck, but when we were good enough he made no difference to the result.
He made no difference to result?
WTF??
If he was playing for us and he was up against Nakas & Naismith we wouldve won.
He was roving his own taps.
Nakas is cooked.
Time to plsy Mr invisible Samson

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He walked on Sunday. Shuffled. Crept along.

Has a rest. Probably needs it. But that was ordinary. He's been good otherwise

That's waht I saw, td. He definitely walked at times during the Melbourne game. Conspicuously. I reckon it was later in the game. Maybe for the final 45 minutes. Up until then I thought he was good and we had Narrm's measure in most stoppages.

I'm not sure why he stopped running. Conspicuously. It seems very odd to me. I would assume injury. In 2022 when Nank stopped jumping it was because he was unhappy with his PCL. Burge said at the time that Nank's PCL was as good as it was going to get. But still Nank would not jump. He resumed jumping on 2023.

I am mystified by the non running and injury is my best guess. Corkie? Calf? Maybe soleus. We'll find out.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
N

Nanks was blocked. Was setup to spoil. Was just one of those things.
I reckon Nank was out of position, anyway, wasn't he, tl? Too wide?

That said we don't have defenders who can spoil even rucks at this stage. Gawn should have been easily covered by somebody.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Nank miles lout of position IMO, tf. Way too wide. The shot is after he realised he'd got lost. Was wide of the point post when Gawn took position.
Yeah too late to the party. Kudos to Nank for his efforts but too many brain fades as we need a smarter ruckman in the future Jack. I can see it in Samson already a bit.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Yeah too late to the party. Kudos to Nank for his efforts but too many brain fades as we need a smarter ruckman in the future Jack. I can see it in Samson already a bit.
I think the Sampervan is still a ways off, tf. I'm just having another look at the Magoos game.

My suspicion is that Nank got a corkie or something in the Melbourne game and dropped off. I reckon he as ok for most of the game. We all agree that he was hopeless later in the game.