Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Nank is probably our most underrated player on this forum.
Every year posters are desperate for him to be replaced, and every year he continues to be one of our most important players.

You could see immediately on Thursday the impact he had on our clearances. As you say he is criminally underrated on here.

Reactions: 3 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Nank is probably our most underrated player on this forum.
Every year posters are desperate for him to be replaced, and every year he continues to be one of our most important players.

Yeah I was guilty of that this season, thinking that Naismith would be taking the majority of the ruck. Happy to be proven wrong.

Reckon he's grown into the captaincy.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
51/49? For us fans. Nank not bad. Numbers say close. Nank unable to spoil many times. Grundy a lurker. By and large numbers in favour of Grundy. SL in favour of Nank.

Nank very poor defensively in the air. He can do better there. But it is January. And he got square with Grundy who sometimes thrashes him.

I expect Nank to find elite form this year.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
51/49? For us fans. Nank not bad. Numbers say close. Nank unable to spoil many times. Grundy a lurker. By and large numbers in favour of Grundy. SL in favour of Nank.

Nank very poor defensively in the air. He can do better there. But it is January. And he got square with Grundy who sometimes thrashes him.

I expect Nank to find elite form this year.
You might have seen The Great Grundy (TGG) do a swiftie* and take an early rest in the 3rd.
Forced Handsome Mclean to compete against Nank.
It gave TGG an easier ride against the colt Balta. Balts all strapping muscles and effort, it gave TGG easy numbers.

Why is it so?
Nank outsmarted and outrucked TGG.
Gave him a solid book to study and prep for exams. Schooled him as the old timers would chant.
Remember when TGG jumped the God Gawn in round zip by jumping early?
Nank's got the street instincts of an alley cat inhabited by the ghost of the late M Ali. Chasing TGG all round the ring and giving him a pounding.
Numbers are similar but Nank wouldn't let TGG play when Nank was around.

*Historians whisper in hushed tones of the similar move by the poor strategician Dogwick and the football nerd Griggs.
Spectacularly successful although no one could work out why.

• Haha

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
One of his best games - a proud captain - gave us the drive in tbe first half and then kept us in it during the second half.

He just can’t do it all on his own.

Pity Ryan isn't quite up to it as his ruck craft is quite good.

Reactions: 8 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don’t know how to rate Toby’s game today.

He got a lot of the ball and played really well but jeez his opponent played well today.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He couldve left 10 minutes into the 3rd, he was spent.
He was jogging on the spot and missed several ball ups

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Flanker Marhsall suckered us to score a goal but Nank had his measure most of the day. Our man had slightly lower numbers but shored up our defence when he dropped back as planned.

While our man pushed back Flanker Marshall was consistently outpointed in the air by our smalls but for the one blunder.

Not to say Nank was good. He was ok. But when a ruck drops back it's because either he or his side is beaten.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
He walked on Sunday. Shuffled. Crept along.
A Lot of experience and quality in the stands but the remaining leaders didnt do much.

Has a rest. Probably needs it. But that was ordinary. He's been good otherwise

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Interesting many players appeared the same. Yze said they were tired. Alluded to the 2 weeks of travelling. Expect to see a fresher side against the dees

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Nank was on sen breakfast this morn and was really good. I found myself unexpectedly surprised by this. I'd like to hear more from him!

Reactions: 1 users