Nathan Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nathan Brown

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
This is the problem with the tigers Tivendale is not a star never has been and never will be. We need to stop overrating these duds. It doesn't matter what happens between now and the end of the yaer the tradeables have already been decided who ever they are.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Agree they have probably already been decided butthat doesnt mean a few god performances in a row wouldnt help them change their mind. Nothing is definite until negotiations begin.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Dont waste too much time figuring who to trade for Brown. He's going to Carlton in a trade for Lance Whitnall. Remember where you heard it first as the deal is already done.

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
I'd like to see Brown in the yellow and black. (But played as a midfielder). Make a trade, we need to take some risks and bolster our midfield. Brown is ideal because he is versatile. He won't come cheap. How old is he ? To consider him you would need to be confident that he had 5 good years on footy in him.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Concise and informative Laffs. 100% agree about Tivva. He is expendable. If he makes exhoribant demands on his new contract farck him off pronto. Despite his best efforts this year we are still a rabble and laughing stock.
All the ferals get so excited when they win meaningless games against disinterested sides, at the end of season. You really question their intelligence sometimes or maybe they cant remember what has happened in the last 8 weeks cause their brain cells are destroyed from achohol abuse!

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
If Tivendale asks for crazy amounts of money, by all means, pack his bags and send him off to whoever offers the most for him

but, there are plenty I would be trading off before Tiva, his form this season has been one of very few positives.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
DragicevicFan said:
..there are plenty I would be trading off before Tiva, his form this season has been one of very few positives.

Agree DF. In previous seasons he has been criticised for going MIA. But I think this year he has improved in that respect and has been a consistent contributor. He can build on the confidence he gains from this season and at least deserves the opportunity to continue to improve, before we give up on him.

Why lose him when he's at the point where he realises what it's all about and is just starting to make a real impact?

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
It's been said a million times, but if you want something good you have to offer something good. So it is precisely because Tiva has had a good year that he is being offered up. Anyone who doesn't want to lose Tiva is basically saying they don't want to trade aggressively come November.

I don't think we can afford to lose a tall because we haven't got enough for a goal to goal line once a few injuries hit. So any trade must involve a talented and relatively young running player.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Exactly Shawry - we would want something good for Tivva. A first round and 3rd round draft pick at a minimum. I would not look at Brown in a trade for Tivva. For the following reasons

1)Tivva is a better long kicking option than Brown. Tivva can kick it 50+ metres with ease. Brown struggles to kick 45 as was shown on Saturday evening.
2) Tivva is a more reliable shot for goal on the run than Brown and currently a better set shot as well.

Also, I would have thought we would want to trade a more high profile player to free up some money in our cap. In comparison to Bowden - I would think Tivva would be cheaper to re-sign than Bowden.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
I understand what you say Tigerblood, but the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side.

Tiva's best is pretty good and he's the best of his type we have, so what are you trading for?. To trade as aggressively as you say Tigerblood, we will have to give up Tiva and something/someone else.

Considering the risk involved, do you stick with what you know and have or go with the great unknown, at a great cost?

Them's the choices and I'm not convinced they're ones we need to consider, in Tiva's case anyway.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
MC24 said:
Tiva's best is pretty good and he's the best of his type we have, so what are you trading for?. To trade as aggressively as you say Tigerblood, we will have to give up Tiva and something/someone else.

Good point you make MC24, to trade Tivendale you would want someone who gives us what Tivva does plus more.

Do we rob Peter to pay Paul? Do we risk loosing a bloke whos delivery in the majority hits a traget for someone who is a weaker kick and less reliable?

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I was absolutely convinced we should trade Tivvers at the end of last year. Glad to be proven wrong. He's been superb this year, and fantastic with kick outs. If he can start to add a bit of hardness to his game when required, he'll be rounded out nicely. Keep him.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
We should forget Nathan Brown if he wants $500 K. Not worth anywhere near such a ridiculous mark. Needs to at least halve that amount as well as learn to hold the footy in more a conventional style especially when he's kicking for goal.

Although I believe Tivs should be kept as we desparately need players with good pace that can break the lines, I wouldn't be surprised if he was put up as a trade as he would attract plenty of attention from other clubs. He's also heavily one sided although a long and normaly accurate kick on his left. He wouldn't want to ask for more than he is getting now. Sure fire way of getting yourself traded by the sound of it from Greg Miller.

Reckon Bowden would be at the top of the list in terms of a "name" player going. For whatever reason whether it's being too soft, poor attittude (lazy) or not fitting in under Danny's regime, Joel at Richmond isn't working. His value would also be high out in the market place.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Koalalill said:
I reckon there will be 15 clubs trying to do a deal with the Doggies ... for one of their top draft picks. I am not a Brown fan but .... if we could get Nathan Brown and say pick 17 (the Dogs will have pick 1 & 2 then 17) for Joel Bowden, KPEttifer and our 2nd round pick - that sounds OK to me. My first preference though would be to deal to get pick number 2

Would be happy with that trade also KL. Don't think the doggies will give up pick 2 unless they could get a quality KP player in return as that's what they desparately need (as Saturday night showed). With the few talls we have on our list now we're not actually in a position to trade away a tall. We would be taking a huge risk hoping the remaining talls don't get injured unlike the past two years.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
I think I'd take Brown for Tivendale. If you compare the two for football vision, there is absolutely no comparison. Tivendale can kick 5 metres further - so what? Brown is far, far more damaging with his disposals. This is a bloke who has been chosen as an all-Australian multiple times. Can you ever seriously see Tivendale getting those honours? Brown has got 60 goals in a season - can you ever seriously see Tivendale doing that?

And who cares how he holds the ball? Forget the other night, anyone who has been watching Brown over his full career knows that he's been one of the best shots on goal going around. I mean, this is exactly one of the skills that he has been lauded for over the last five years.

There's a lot I like about Tiva, but as I said - are we serious about 'aggressive trading' or not? If we are, we have to give up something good. Otherwise, it's the same list with the addition of some youngsters. I don't think there's anything wrong with rebuilding from scratch either. But it's one or the other - the middle road of trading hacks is not viable as they will get us nothing.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
56tiger said:
Get real, Brownie's a big sook, and thinks he's worth 500k a year. Your on drugs to think we should go after him.
Richmond would be well advised, if J Panna is Browns manager, to stay well away from this low life.
(Panna ,that is)He is just in it for the money, and just screw for more and more money.