Nathan Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nathan Brown

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Watching the Footy Show tonight, I thought it was very interesting that Nathan Brown has rejected an offer from the Western Bulldogs and will make a decision after the end of the season as to his future.

This to me sounds like Nathan Brown is more than likely going to leave the Bulldogs.

A fair trade would be Bowden for Brown. Why not even throw in King and Pettifer also ??? just to offload some crap at this club.

We could do with Brown routating in the midfield and kicking a few goals with resting in the foward line.

nwonash said:
We could do with Brown routating in the midfield and kicking a few goals with resting in the foward line.

Routating? I think that's what the club has been doing to its supporters for the past 20 years. ;D

Saw that too nwonash. Sounds like he won't be at the bulldogs next year from his actions on the TFS. Didn't even say he would like to stay.

I keep harping on about the age of opposition players being mentioned as trade/draft targets but we need to build a list that will play regularly in finals (top 4) and challenge for premierships.

Forgetting for the moment how much it would cost to get him (his salary,draft pick,etc..), Brown turns 26 in february so he would only give us a short-term benefit (much like Cameron). It's going to take at least 2-3 years to get the list up to where it needs to be (that's doing it properly) and by that time he'll be coming towards the end of his footy career.

I would rather we aggressively chased after the dogs first pick (they need talls desparately) to get the SA kid Cooney to Tigerland. We need to get as many talented youngsters as possible to build and develop a team around the likes of Cogs, Otto, Newman, etc...

Exactly right MT. The club's overweight approach to getting players from other clubs and underweight approach to getting good youngsters is one of the reasons why we can't make any solid long term progress.

I'd take Brown in a swap for Bowden ( and another dud or 2 if necessary) but only if he cost no more than $300k/3 year deal max.
$450k or more and 5 year deal is a joke.

Nathan Brown is a gun player and Richmond should trade hard to get him. However, what Richmond should not do is trade their no.1 draft pick for him. Richmond desperately need to get young players down at the club. Otherwise, in a couple of years, all our players will be retiring at the same time.

Trade Bowden for him. Offer our ex "All Australian" U/18 player Kane Pettifer for him. That will get them excited!

If he's out of contract with the Dogs then why would we trade someone for him? Wouldn't we just have to make him an offer he couldn't refuse?

Noticed Manton said he wanted to go in the draft. Wouldn't be surprised if Beck and the boys are working out what early pick we can trade for him.

I don't normally watch the TFS - only did because I new they were doing a tribute to Jack Dyer.

As for Nathan Brown - it seemed pretty obvious that he wont be at the Dogs next season (KB said the same thing this morning). But I always worry when I hear the words "it not about the money" because usually that means that it is.

I will re-state what I have already said on this forum - I do not want this player and I don't think we need this player at Richmond.

And now that MT has pointed out that he is going to be 26 next year - I will say we definitely do not need this player at Richmond - in my eyes he is too old.

Lets stick to players under 25

With Brown turning 26 next year, that would give him a good 5 years left in the tank.

How many players have gone 5 years at the club ? not many