New Game Style to revolutionise the AFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New Game Style to revolutionise the AFL

Sep 2, 2022
If we don’t play any tall forwards that can neutralise marking contests, we should kick the ball end over end along the ground into our forward line. This would at least create 50/50 opportunities. I’m 100% sure this would work better. There is no way our small forwards are ever going to compete with most tall defenders in the air. Why be conventional?

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting
Be very disruptive for the teams that mark in defence then sling shot forward
Made get a surprise win or two until Lynch back and firing

The funny thing is on Wednesday night at the ground a few of the Tiger supporters around me were joking about how we should kick the ball end on end along the ground into the forward line .
Maybe it is not a joke ? :LOL:

why wouldn't we? .... it's half a reference to the 'chaos ball' period.

also: how many times have we seen a random bounce go over players heads...

Reactions: 1 users
If it worked, the AFL would be straight on the phone to Shocking (special rules consultant) and figure out some way to scupper it.

I saying during the ANZAC game we should be doing mongral helicopter kicks into the forward line, get our smalls to scoop up the ball when dropped.

We won the flag in 2017 just bringing the ball to ground with Jack as the sole key forward. Dirty ball is not a silly as it sounds.
That said I'd prefer Yze trying to teach our youngsters to play footy better brand with a long term view than patched up style.

Reactions: 2 users
That was largely our ‘chaos’ ball style. Keep it moving, get it forward at all costs. It didn’t look pretty, but it worked. Another part of it, and this is where we miss the likes of George, was once we got it in there, we kept it there until we scored.

Why not once we get in front, we keep kicking the ball deep into the crowd.
How many balls does the afl keep at games? Knowing them, not too many.
What are they gonna do once they run out of footy’s?
We win. The umps can gagf.

• Haha
We need to recruit tall athletic types.
Too many short players in our side all over the ground.
Some of our new ones may fit the mould but we need more classy tall runners.

A true leading forward like Kyle Langford would be ideal to straighten us up a bit.

It’s a long shopping list…

We need to recruit tall athletic types.
Too many short players in our side all over the ground.
Some of our new ones may fit the mould but we need more classy tall runners.

A true leading forward like Kyle Langford would be ideal to straighten us up a bit.

It’s a long shopping list…
Yep. Thing is, we now have LeFau. And Fawcett. It's on the agenda I'd say. I'd kill for a super smart......JR type!

If we don’t play any tall forwards that can neutralise marking contests, we should kick the ball end over end along the ground into our forward line. This would at least create 50/50 opportunities. I’m 100% sure this would work better. There is no way our small forwards are ever going to compete with most tall defenders in the air. Why be conventional?
The Trevor Chappell game plan.

Without tall marking forwards it is futile bombing it in. Not much leading to space to the kicker happening either so why not try it. A positive is we wouldn’t have to practice it much. We already have a few proponents mastering the grubber kick

• Haha