Kane McAuliffe | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane McAuliffe

Tig3

šŸÆ
Nov 21, 2022
A brute midfielder that tested really well in the sprint and time trial. Explosive and with a good tank. And a lefty! Not many of those a Punt RoadIMG_3994.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Fool proof pick. Reckon will be one of first picked in 3 years. Great combo of footy nous and athleticism, not just athleticism.
Jackpot

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Reminds me of a 2023 version of Dan Connors, hopefully minus the off field nonsense.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, I've warmed to it. Big, quick, powerful inside mid who tackles like they owe him money and is a left-footer. Kicking and decision-making could do with some work but neither hopeless.

Reactions: 6 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I like this kid, picked him in the Phantom and reckon he has plenty of tools to make it at AFL level. Tough, loves a tackle (I think averaged 8.5 tackles in the under 18's), nice mix of contested vs uncontested possessions. Looking forward to seeing how he develops in the 2's this year.

Reactions: 11 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
The few write ups I've seen over the past 45mins or so have said his kicking is good when he has time and space. Has played off HB and has been used to kick long and switch the play. Where his kicking gets ordinary is when he's in close, he tends to get it and bomb away rather than find a target.

I've not seen a single frame of footage before today, so anyone who's across this kid, have an opinion on whether that summary is accurate?
If so, it doesn't seem to be a technique thing, but something that he can be coached better to do. All up to him to change if he can be coached.

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
Good attributes. Tough, quick, and a very good ball user.

"Kane is a super competitor, an inside midfielder who thrives on contested ball, tackling and body contact. He tests very well for speed, registering 2.92 seconds in the 20-metre sprint at the combine, which allows him to use his speed and power to burst out of congestion and generate ball movement from stoppage.

"Kane played for North Adelaide in the SANFL. His early season dominance at Under 18 level saw him average 27 disposals and move into the reserves where he was a super consistent performer, averaging 19 disposals and 6.6 tackles against mature aged footballers. He was selected in all four games for the South Australia Under 18s in the National Champs, where he averaged 8.5 tackles and 18.5 disposals.

"He's a 187cm, strong bodied, competitive midfielder with speed who likes to hit bodies and challenge the tackler. Kane has raw power, showcased in his speed and his penetrating left foot kick. Rain, Hail or Shine, we know we will get maximum effort and commitment from Kane, a true tiger trait."

Reactions: 4 users