New mascot | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New mascot

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Was the new Tiggy launched at the game last week? If so what's he like? Wouldn't take much to be better than the skinny, daggy suited version. ;D

I wasn't at the game last week and probably won't get to another one for a couple of weeks so it will be a while before I get to see the new mascot for myself.

Also did Knigher do a lap of honour before the game last week? At least it wouldn't be as tear jerking as the one he did after his last game. That was so sad, yet so uplifting too. Glad I've got it on video.

Does anyone know if Knigher was in the rooms before or after the game?

The new mascot is called:

Tiger Stripes Dyer.

Has alot more of a muscular look to him but poor thing couldn't break through the tiny banner they had for him -quite comical actually.

I must say I was more interested in the new "Tiger Patrol" vehicle that they are going to be using starting October for the marketing and memebership push

Yes Knigther did a lap of honour with Barry Richardson to congratulate them on receiving AFL life membership. Big cheers for Knighter. I am not sure about the rooms though.

I have heard through a rumour The AFL are working on a project called Mascot Manner. They are re-launching the mascots with voices and personallities. The idea is a cartoon series based on a home where all of the mascots live during the week and go off to support their teams on the weekend. Each of the personalltities will reflect the clubs personallity.

[Each of the personalltities will reflect the clubs personallity."]
Our mascot will be the one sobbing hysterically.

Kick it To Me said:
Each of the personalltities will reflect the clubs personallity.

Just out of curiosity, any rumour on how many mascots Richmond will have. Given the number of personalities we seem to have, we may need more than one? 8)

And I would pity whoever our mascot will be, if he is a lone hand, because he won't know himself from one week to the next. :p

MC24 said:
Just out of curiosity, any rumour on how many mascots Richmond will have. Given the number of personalities we seem to have, we may need more than one? 8)

I would think at a minimum 22 ;)

Koalalill said:
I would think at a minimum 22 ;)

I was thinkin' the same thing KL.

But what about in the years when we make the finals? 8) :eek: ???

MC24 said:
Kick it To Me said:
Each of the personalltities will reflect the clubs personallity.

And I would pity whoever our mascot will be, if he is a lone hand, because he won't know himself from one week to the next. :p
We have three so far from the last couple of years. The old tiggy for days gone by or living in the past.
The one just replaced for lean times.
The new big beefy one for good times a head,or
maybe long winter hibernation :'( :'( :'(

Miller is finally having an effect on our recruiting because Stripes is the best recruit to the club in years ! He's muscular and aggressive.

Strip Dog Rogers of our beloved number 4 and give it to Stripes NOW !!!