New Tiger fan to the website. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New Tiger fan to the website.

taniaroche

Tiger Tan's pussy cat "Buckley"
Mar 17, 2005
Melbourne
Hi my name is Tania Roche and this is my first entry to this website. I have been a Richmond fan all my life (29 years) and a member for 10 years. My Grandfather played for Richmond in the 1932 & 1934 Premierships - his name was Eric Zschech, he wore number 25 and was a centreman. He played over 100 games for the Tigers and was Jack Tidis's best man at his wedding. Unfortunately he passed away when I was 5 years old so I only have his scrap book to look at. He received the best on ground medal in the 1934 premiership and I wear it proudly on my chain around my neck everyday. He was also nominated for team of the century but Billy Barrett made it instead. I am very proud of my Grandfather and even prouder to be a Tigers supporter.

I think that we have had a fantastic start to the year, well from round 2 anyway and I think that we have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of years!!!!! Terry Wallace is a breath of fresh air and so are the likes of Tambling, Deludio and Meyer. I think that Darren *smile* is back to his All Australian Form which is great to see and Richo well he is just tops! It was also great to see Cogs have a 35 possession game, I think that will lift his confidence and I can feel another huge game coming on Sunday!!!!

I look forward to reading all the emails posted on this website.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Welcome to PRE Tania. :)

Thanks for sharing your story..what a proud heritage to have. I'll look your grandfather up in my books later.

Welcome to the site Tania, and what a great time to join, looks like we are in for a good one.

Jack Titus is a legend, and although I don't know much about your Grandfather, he must have been a good bloke if he got the gig as best man for "Skinny's" wedding.

Did he tell you any stories about the bucks night?  ;)

welcome aboard tania great second post it would be great if you could give us more posts concerning richmonds history .

Welcome to PRE Tania - this is the cyber heart beat of the Tiger Army - an army that is on the march again........

Fantastic story Tania-the Tigers are well and truly in your blood-you must be very proud of your heritage in this club. Welcome aboard PRE website!

Hi Tania,

Wow.

Your grandfather was a Tiger legend. A brilliant midfielder who was a key factor in Tiger success in those years. I've often looked at his name in the Tiger history books.

With such an unusual surname he would have found it very difficult to establish himself in a predominantly Catholic club with Anglicized surnames that Richmond was all those years ago.

I'm sure he would have had some fascinating stories that hopefully he has passed down, through your parents, to you.

Yeehaa Tania. Consider yourself our first fully fledged bandwagoner for 2005! Climb aboard young lassie - hope the bumps of them there wagon wheels aren't to harsh on the rough ride of being a RFCer and PREnder. Just gaggin' of course - great story! Welcome. :spin

Welcome Tania. I myself joined only yesterday and the first thread I contributed too was locked down for excessive vitriole. It is indeed a strange forum we live in.

Welcome aboard Tania.

Eric is a legend. I will go home tonight and look at the photos of him and re-read all the info. on him in my history books e.g. "Tigers of Old" etc.

Bill James said:
Welcome Tania. I myself joined only yesterday and the first thread I contributed too was locked down for excessive vitriole. It is indeed a strange forum we live in.

Well done Bill.
Keep trying.

Hi Tania, I have posted on the other thread that we have another PREnder who is related to your grandfather but I can't remember who it is.

He contacted me back in 2003 at the time Jack Dyer died, which was a traumatic time as I grew up idolising Jack, but he may contact you. Rosy might rmember who he is as I think he might have sent some photos to her at that time.

Actually I think I do remember now you mention it Roar. I'll message him.

Roar34 said:
Hi Tania, I have posted on the other thread that we have another PREnder who is related to your grandfather but I can't remember who it is.

He contacted me back in 2003 at the time Jack Dyer died, which was a traumatic time as I grew up idolising Jack, but he may contact you.  Rosy might rmember who he is as I think he might have sent some photos to her at that time.
My Grandfather had a brother called Sid but he has passed now but if you do find this person I would be very interested to find out who the hell it is!!!!!

Thanks Rosy.

For some reason I have Tasmania on my mind - could have been talking about Great-Uncle Eric?

About this time the Fourpenny Dark kicks in, sorry Tania this PREnder did PM me several times but I never kept the calls.

Tania, if you go to this site:

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/wi-x-y-z.htm#Eric Zschech (Richmond)

there is a brief account of your grandfather and a pic. He evidently played in Tassie, so that must be why I was thinking "Tassie" in my previous post.

Actually interesting to google "Eric Zschech" and check the results yourself. ;)

Roar34 said:
Thanks Rosy.

For some reason I have Tasmania on my mind - could have been talking about Great-Uncle Eric?

About this time the Fourpenny Dark kicks in, sorry Tania this PREnder did PM me several times but I never kept the calls.

My grandfather actually coached Glenorchy in Tasmania :)