Greetings from Chicago | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Greetings from Chicago

Chicago Tiger

Tiger Cub
Apr 16, 2005
Hello, my name is Dan, and I'm a footy fan from Chicago. Here's a bit about myself:

BIRTHDATE: 30/11/1977
CAR: 2005 Toyota Prius
WHY RICHMOND?: I like teams who wear black and yellow and teams with big cat nicknames.
FAVE TEAMS BESIDE TIGERS: Chicago Fire (soccer), Wolverhampton Wanderers (soccer), Celtic (soccer), Chicago White Sox (baseball)
GUILTY PLEASURES: Mascots (including Stripes), 70s music, 80s music, cartoons :help

I've been a footy fan for years, but have not barracked for a team. I hope to fit in with Richmond. I'm aware of the rough year the Tigers had last year, but if the last two matches are anything to go on, then things may be looking up. Hope to enjoy myself here.

G'day Chicago Tiger and welcome to PRE. :clap

You may have jumped on board the Tigers at a good time. Just as we begin the journey out of the wilderness.
Are you originally from Aus, or are you a born and bred American?

I am born and bred American. I've never been to Australia, but hope to very soon and attend the MCG and the Hall of Fame (to meet the mascots :D).

Here, a 2:15pm Sunday match in Melbourne is an 11:15pm first bounce on Saturday night. I can only listen to the matches live and watch the highlights the following Friday on Fox Soccer Channel in the US.

Welcome CT,

Good to know there is another American Tiger (although I am born and bred Australian).

You have jumped onto a winning and proud team.

Not sure if you have been to Molineux (Wolverhampton) - another proud team.

If you are serious about watching Richmond you may want to subscribe to AFL.com.au for AUD60 you an watch every game.

New York Tiger

Welcome to PRE Chicago. :) I'm sure you'll fit in well at Tigerland.

I remember an e-mail long ago from someone who had started an AFL league in America. I think it was Chicago, and Richmond were involved with one of the teams. From memory the the person brought a heap of kids over here to learn a bit about the game, and Richo (maybe other players too) has been over there in a public relations thing giving out Richmond merchandise etc.

Does that sound familiar and if so do you follow that league?

Anyway look forward to your posting on the message board. It's great to read opinions from a different perspective.

Chicago has a couple of teams, I think. One team is named the Swans while the other is the Sharks. I'll get more information.

G'day Chi-tiger.

White Sox eh??

Man how could you?? You live in a city with the worlds most beautiful ballpark Wrigley Field!!
The Cubs are my side in the MLB,huge fan of the Northsiders.
I loved Chicago more than any big city in the states.
Pity about the bears....will they ever come good??

Cubs?!?!?! ??? ::)

Sorry Struggle, but I'm a Southsider and the Sox are doing better than the Cubs right now.

That aside, I'm glad you like our city. As for the Bears, it depends on whether their quaterback(s) will be healthy this year. They have not had a decent quarterback since Jim McMahon.

The Bulls are back in the playoffs for the first time since Jordan retired.

And my beloved Fire are showing signs that they are going to rebound after finishing bottom of MLS, last year. :D

Join us in chat Cicagot tiger. Click the link next to 'calendar' and 'logout'. ;)