New virus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New virus

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Yesterday I got a heap of dodgy e-mails, several from PRE members and apparently one person received one from me as well.

My computer was infected with the new virus so I am just alerting everyone to make sure their anti virus programs are up to date.

I had updated mine the day before yesterday but the new virus was released after the update. I think all anti virus programs would stop infection immediately now.

The advice is to do a virus scan and not to open any e-mails with suspicious titles or from people you don't know.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
There was a discussion about it on ABC radio this am.

A website was mentioned for those interested in trying to stay up-to-date with such things:

www.security.iia.net.au

I found the site interesting.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Good ole NAV keeps us high and dry with live update being one step ahead of the nasties. We also run a mail gateway that strips the zip file before it gets to the mail client. Hooohaaa