News Flash --- Richmond coach named for 2005 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

News Flash --- Richmond coach named for 2005

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
In an unprecedented move the Richmond Football Club have named their coach to replace Danny Frawley more than a year before his contract expires at the end of season 2004.
In an officially released pre release press release, Greg Miller, Richmond Football Director declared that Humphrey B Bear will be coaching the Tigers in 2005.

Whilst he was fitting the new Saloon doors which replaced the Revolving door at club headquarters, Miller stated that "Humphrey will come to us with unparalleled credentials. Our focus will be on youth at the club and Humphrey has the runs on the board in that area. He's previous stable employment, excellent communication skills and experience with youth made him an obvious choice. There were a couple of others in the race like the Red Wiggle and that cute blonde chick from Hi-5 but they declined further negotiations with the club when they found out that Humphrey was approached."

When we later spoke to Danny Frawley about this very public vote of no confidence he stated "Look Yeah Nah, The news of Humph coming on board has put me under the pump a bit as far as my future is concerned, but I guess I'll have to dig in and take things one day at a time. I've tried contacting Humph to welcome him to the fold but as yet he hasn't returned my calls."

Report by Tiga

LOL Tiga. Finally we instill somebody whose actions will speak louder than their words. We'll never have to worry about gagging Humphrey and his post match press conferences should be both concise and illuminating.

By the way, if we really want a youth policy down at the club then maybe we should seek the services of none other than former cricketing umpire Steve Randell. (Urgh.. just kidding, bad joke).

LMAO Hartbalme, just got reminded of that plump chick who streaked the field during the Sydney game with no pants on. Thighs like Jonah Lomu she had!

Apparently also when Humphrey gets on board he's going to push for the pre season strip to be changed to Tartan Vests! ;D

Its a pity Kellie Hoggart fro Hi -5 declined, we would of seen a big increase in male members if she came on board. ;)

jackstar said:
Its a pity Kellie Hoggart fro Hi -5 declined, we would of seen a big increase in male members if she came on board. ;)

Could you re-phrase that please, jackstar ? :-\

As opposed to a decrease in males with the stripper girl on the ground at the G?

tiga said:
TigersGoddess said:
Will Humphrey bring his old mate Fat Cat with him?

TG didn't you hear?? The Cats have already stitched him up for next year! ;D

Just as well, if you ask me tiga. We just don't need someone with Fat Cat's past history and reputation at our Club.

Humphery giving a team meeting before a game through an interpreter:

Well guys this is what I want. Put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, you put your left foot in and you shake it all about........ ;D

I think Mr Squiggle would be a fine assistant coach. Knows how to read between the lines and how to extract the most out the players when he has an abysmall canvas to work with.

He also comes with the advantage that Rogers can sharpen his pencil when it is required. ;D

mightytiges said:
Humphery giving a team meeting before a game through an interpreter:

Well guys this is what I want. Put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, you put your left foot in and you shake it all about........ ;D

LMAO Mighty, that would have to be the first semblance of a solid game plan this club has instituted for a good 20 years.

I've heard that our new ruck coach will be none other than Humpty Dumpty. He secured the job despite heavy competition from Big Ted and Dorothy the Dinosaur. Unfortuantely Humpty was unavailable for comment after he fell off a wall and all the King's horse's and all the King's men couldn't put humpty together again. ;D