Nick Stevens? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Stevens?

P

PuntRoadRoar

just a question, is Nick out of contract at the end of this year? begin a victorian kid what are the chances he will come back ?

do you think Richmond have anything to offer him? he is only 23 yo and a mature midfielder we so desperately need.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
A first rd draft pick would secure Nick.....Port have always been willing to trade for early picks.

Occupational hazard of finishing in the top 4 every year ;D

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Nick Steves is one of the 6 0r 7 best midfielders going around in today's football.

If he did want to come home, I'd give Bowden, Fiora and a first round pick to get him.

And if we can reach an agreement in the next hour, I'll throw in Biddiscombe, Rogers, Houlihan, King and Hilton to the deal.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
The way we are going, we will have pick 4, 5 or 6, while Port will have pick 15 or 16. They will be sniffing around for an early pick, and if Stevens wants to come home, they will happily deal on him.

Fiora would just be a sweetener

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
The club needs to be careful when going after someone like Stevens. They need to make sure they are not giving up too much for him like they did with the Johnson and like Johnson, there is always the risk that Stevens is being carried by a good side.

IMHO Richmond need to trade for draft picks not pre-established stars.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I'm with you TF on this one all the way. Lets not look at established players because the way I look at it we are approx. at least 5 years away from possibly being able to win a flag. An established player in his mid twenties would be retiring by then. We need to find tomoro's stars and the only way to do that is to get early draft picks. Trade Richo and Bowden for a couple of first round picks giving us 3 first round picks and we will be heading in the right direction for the future.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
Ahhh yes, I can see a plot emerging.... :eek:.

We trade Richo, Bowden and throw in Fiora for a few 1st round draft picks and then proceed to onsell them to redraft:-

- David Bourke
- Nick Daffy
- Stephen Jurica

The Horror...............the horror...............

Tiger

Tiger
Jul 6, 2003
Melbourne
Trade Richo! What's wrong with you people - it would be like trading your son. Have a look at Richo efforts, the no of marks he takes playing for a team of lousy kickers. If he played for Essendon & got the feed that Lloyd gets!!!!!
Richo simply is played one dimensional. As lightweight coach Tony Shaw once said playing Richmond was easy, just put 2 players on Richo & then drop the ruckman back for good measure! Pity Spud wasn't listening!
Leave Richo alone! Have you lot no sense of loyalty at all!!

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Tiger - do you really value Richos 1.6 and 3 out on the full every week that much??

I thought it was obvious to most supporters that richo needs to go NOW!

(to vote richo out of the house call 1800dudpotato)

Tiger

Tiger
Jul 6, 2003
Melbourne
Re:Nick Stevens reply to g0tigers

Didn't say I liked his kicking at times but his overall accuracy is not the worst - look at Nathan Brown or David Neitz returns at times.

What I do love about Richo is his double figure marks each week. He should be played out further & drive ball into Staff or Otto. Richo's kicks into the 50 are penetrating & often result in goals.

Richo is not the trouble with Richo - its Spud's obvs wrong opinion that he is best up forward. Richo's a champion & given our ability to select champions I would be giving one away.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Re:Nick Stevens reply to g0tigers

Tiger said:
David Neitz returns at times.

He should be played out further & drive ball into Staff or Otto. Richo's kicks into the 50 are penetrating & often result in goals.

Neita has had a fairly good season.

The game agaisnt adelaide where richo played further up the field was one of his best in a while, hope to see more of this.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
SkiddyMcGhee said:
Ahhh yes, I can see a plot emerging.... :eek:.

We trade Richo, Bowden and throw in Fiora for a few 1st round draft picks and then proceed to onsell them to redraft:-

- David Bourke
- Nick Daffy
- Stephen Jurica

The Horror...............the horror...............

Just read in inside Footy that Stephen JURICA is in career best form so stop making silly suggestions on this forum.

God someone may actually take it onboard!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I hear Clay Sampson is doing alright over is SA as well. Get your cheque book out Danny!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Apparently Richmond are looking at some mature aged players to draft for next year. Does this band aid recruiting sound familiar to anyone?

J

jake_the_lad

Why on earth would Stevens leave a side that SHOULD win a flag and probably multiple flags for us or any other mediocre side.

I've never been to Adelaide but it must be a terrible hole of a place if he is seriously considering leaving.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
WE SHOULD HAVE HAD A WELLS OR A GODDARD OR MAYBE EVEN BOTH THIS YEAR PLEASE NO MORE TALK OF TRADING EARLY PICKS FOR A MATURE PLAYER BESIDES I RECKON HES GOT A HEART NOT MUCH BIGGER THAN BIDDERSCOMBES

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
jake_the_lad said:
Why on earth would Stevens leave a side that SHOULD win a flag and probably multiple flags for us or any other mediocre side.

Hey if its good enough for Kane Johnson its good enough for Nick Stevens.