Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don't subscribe to the view that he is done as yet. Still an excellent intercept defender and will be invaluable to an inexperienced backline that includes Gibcus and Young if Grimes is not there.
He is 29, still plenty to come from Vlossy

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I don't subscribe to the view that he is done as yet. Still an excellent intercept defender and will be invaluable to an inexperienced backline that includes Gibcus and Young if Grimes is not there.
I don’t think he’s done as such, but he is on the downward slope, and the concussion history is concerning.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don’t think he’s done as such, but he is on the downward slope, and the concussion history is concerning.
We will see this year I guess.

He has had a few concussions but all we know with this one is that he has entered the AFL concussion protocol, we don't know anything else. He may be perfectly fine but the club is just following the rules as they must do.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Think the downward slope is not steep as yet but the concussions are a real concern. You can only put your brain through so much before it has long term effects, he does need to be careful which is damned near impossible in Aussie Rules.

DS

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I think the post identified Flossy as a potential trade out at the end of last season.
AS that didnt happen his trade value is likely diminished this year and future years. Would a club trade for a nearly 30yo Flossy? Nah.
So now we will keep him. Agree he'll be an excellent player for the next couple of years

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Can't believe this thread hasn't been bumped today.
Just an incredible game from Nick. No way we'd have got as close without him & BOG for mine.
He's been in such great form so far this year.

Reactions: 20 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
That's two massive games in a row from our champion. These days I can't split Vlastuin and Bourke. Richmond greats.

Vlossiraptor.

Reactions: 4 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Yep he's been huge in both games. With the injuries down back there'll be an even greater reliance on him in coming weeks. Might be a different role though.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Yze is playing him small at times. Under Dogwick he stood in front of the pack all game. He seemed to have more licence to mop this year.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Has been outstanding in both games. Leadership and in great form. We need to blood some of the young uns down back whilst we have leaders like Vlastuin down back still to bring them in. I'm actually wondering whether it might be an option for us to move Broad onto a wing, and bring Tresize in down back to learn whilst Vlastuin is still at the peak of his game.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Would be leading the Jack Dyer Medal count at the moment. Back to his best.

Reactions: 1 user