No worries for Richo: Stafford | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

No worries for Richo: Stafford

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
No worries for Richo: Stafford
Matt Burgan
afl.com.au
12:47:49 PM Thu 17 April, 2003

Richmond ruckman/forward Greg Stafford believes superstar teammate Matthew Richardson will return for the Tigers’ clash against St Kilda on Easter Monday.

Richardson, who fractured his cheekbone against the Western Bulldogs in round two, has missed just one game, but Stafford said he looks set to play against the Saints.

“He’s alright. He still rates himself with the ladies, so he’s going alright,” Stafford said with a smile.

When Stafford was asked whether Richardson would be right for the Easter Monday clash, he said: “I think so.”

But Stafford said Richardson was not feeling any pressure towards returning early from his latest injury set-back.

“He’s had it (added pressure) for 10 years, so I don’t think it’s worrying him one bit,” Stafford said.

“He’s one of those guys who is an out and out star of the game and has been for many years and he’s used to focus, so it’s not new to him.”

Meanwhile, Stafford said he was disappointed with remarks made about him by commentator Dennis Cometti during the call of last week’s game against Fremantle.

“I don’t want to say too much about it, but it does (disappoint) a bit,” Stafford said.

“But they’re paid to commentate on the game and Dennis is a very good caller.”

“Perhaps he should just stay to calling a game as the events unfold and not do so much as what the AFL pay other people to do, and that’s watch a video on a Monday and Tuesday.”