Fans Training Day Tomorrow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fans Training Day Tomorrow

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
The Tigers will be conducting special fans' training days at Punt Road Oval throughout the 2003 season.

All members of the Yellow and Black faith are invited to come along for a free sausage sizzle, a kick-to-kick with the players, autograph signings, and a number of other great activities.

Anyone going tomorrow?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Unfortunately, TG I can't make it. 4.30pm is too early a start for me. Got this gig called "work" :-\

I've actually spent a fair bit of time at Punt Road over the last couple of months so I better spend time with the family.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
TG, something tells me dragga will get some extra 'attention' tomorrow in the kick to kick ;).

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
We'll look forward to your report TG.
I might go to the next one. I want to get a cap signed by Richo and co as a prize for the FootyTips comp.
Then again I might ask some nice volunteer to get it for me if I can't get to Melbourne in time. ;)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
mightytiges said:
TG, something tells me dragga will get some extra 'attention' tomorrow in the kick to kick ;).
Whatever gave you a crazy idea like that MT ;D Actually I think it'll be Pettifer getting all the attention I'm taking my little cousin and she absolutely loves him I already have strict instructions that she has to get his autograph and a picture with him :)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Went to the training session yesterday arvo but unfortunately I got there a bit late so I missed most of the training session. Not a great deal to report about the training just that there was no way in hell Richo was ever a chance to play on sunday his cheek was still very swollen and puffy not a good look that's for sure :p

Some of the boys did a bit more training after the other boys wandered off into the crowd. Dragga, Hyde, Gas and Rory are the only ones I can remember doing that.

Not happy that some of the players walked off straight away i.e Kayne Pettifer - my little cousin was devestated that he didn't sign her jumper or have a photo with her, she was even going to ask one of the players to go and call him back out, but I told her he'd probably be getting changed or going for a swim so better luck next time.

Cogs got a birthday card from an admiring fan (no it wasn't me ;D) Dunno how I'd feel if some complete stranger gave me a birthday card. He was very popular with the kids had heaps around him still managed to have a photo and sign my cousins jumper (while I admired his muscles ;) :-*)

Rodan was great with the kids mucking around with them very friendly. Gas had a fair few around him noticed when we went up to him to get the jumper signed he had the same monotonous reply for everyone, "there you go, there you go" must get pretty tiring signing all those autographs all the time.

That's about it, pretty much like the family day except the players were wearing guernseys much to the delight of some :D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigersGoddess said:
there was no way in hell Richo was ever a chance to play on sunday his cheek was still very swollen and puffy not a good look that's for sure :p

It's one thing to play mind games naming a player, but to keep insisting in media releases etc insisting he's likely to play is a bit ridiculous when you see the condition he was in. He had to be far more unlikely than likely to front against the Dockers.

Looking at Richo at training on the news last night you'd have to think he might be doubtful for this week too. Still a few days to go but there is a lot of swelling to go down in that time. Aside from the swelling he didn't look too crash hot when he was being filmed anyway. Maybe he's in some pain, maybe he's lost a bit of fitness, or maybe he was just about to crack it at the camera man for filming him, ha. ;D

Pic of Richo at training last night-

http://puntroadend.netfirms.com/swollen_richo.jpg

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I couldn't get there, but my two boys went along last night - they enjoyed it - but apparently it was not the most well organised affair.

I know the players hate these things, especially the autograph signing and photo routines, but they were even less enthusiastic last night. Then a Triple M mob turned up and had a hand ball comp and proceeded to hand out movie passes to Fat Pizza - not very appropriate for under 12s and then at about 5.10pm 'er indoors wanders over to the canteen to buy the boys a drink to go with their free sausage on frozen bread — and it had shut. Nice one.

No announcements, no atmosphere, no warmth beyond strict duty from the players, little co-ordination. But as I said, the kids loved it and didn't notice anything wrong.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Dean3 said:
their free sausage on frozen bread —

Did anyone go to the sausage sizzle at Punt Road before the game on Sunday? I didn't go, but a person I was sitting near at the footy was going crook because they had to pay for the snags. Anyone know how much they charged?

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Yeah I went the snags were $1.50, at least the bread wasn't frozen Sunday. They were free yesterday so I went and got one, I mean even if they were free they could have defrosted the bread at least! :p

Wasn't very organised at all as you said Dean, half the players wondered off into the change rooms straight after training. And the rest left as soon as the could get away from the fans. We left after most of the players had disappeared didn't seem much point in staying. They had the handball but no players were running it so not many went over.

You could tell all the boys were thrilled to be there, in fact I think the only one who really was enjoying himself was Rodan, he seemed to be having fun mucking around with the kids.