Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I would have given him 10 votes today if I could.

Was a rock down back but his ability to create attack from deep in defence is priceless.

Reactions: 6 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
And the ‘Balta should play forward’ discussion has now been concluded.

I initially liked the idea of the club being creative with trying him up forward, but at this point it’s pretty obvious where he should be playing.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Ya build teams around blokes like this. Like every player that's ever pulled the boots on, he'll have some *smile* ordinary games. But for more than most of the time, he'll be a bloody good counter attacking key defender.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
And the ‘Balta should play forward’ discussion has now been concluded.

I initially liked the idea of the club being creative with trying him up forward, but at this point it’s pretty obvious where he should be playing.
Bet you it won’t be. He’s a key defender pure and simple, but because he’s kicked the occasional goal, people will continue to want him played forward, especially while our forward stocks are so low. Owned the GWS forwards today.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Turned his season around.
At the start of the season I wanted to trade him for a six pack and a packet of chips.
Outstanding

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
How good was he. Potential generational backman, and some want to trade him?

Inconceivable.

Reactions: 9 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Best mark in our team. Brilliant reader of the flight of the ball. Disposal is a bit iffy but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Yesterday we had a typical Noah Balta game. Some of the stuff he did was incredibly good, his intercept marking was awesome.

Then every now and again we had the brain fades, the poor decision making.

I’m not sure he will ever cut them out, hopefully he will get better but who knows? To me the good far outweighs the bad and I love watching him play, partially because he is a incredibly good at times and partially for the entertainment value
We got the good Noah today. When he plays like that and minimises his errors he is close to the top echelon of KPDs.

I thought he shaded TT for our best today