Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Terrific that the RFC put (half-fit) Balta back to see how the structure worked.

We have dropped Tylar Young because he is miles below the level.

Once a haphazard underdone and still injured Balta moved back we had a benchmark in place. Balta was at best ok. Miller was a disaster. And Young must empty his locker.

Good news, eh?

Reactions: 1 users
Just seems a natural defender.

I don't subscribe to this "swingman" tag on ArkMan.

Backline his only position as far as I am concerned.
Maybe wing. That's it.
Ruck no, Forward no.

Only time he is allowed to enter forward line is to high five The Lynch Mob for kicking Goal no. 10 in a match.
(would like to see that).

It’s a bit of a moot point now if Young has an ACL. If they want to keep Balta forward they’ll need to play Kosi as a key defender. And there’s still a problem with spelling Nank in the ruck, because Ryan is not the answer. Playing Noah as Mr Fixit all over the place is no good for him or the team long term.
Kosi apparently did well in defence in the vfl yesterday. But he has done very little to convince he could do well at GMBH, and would probably play Hawkins back into form.
But if it is the only way to leave Balta as a target up forward then go Kosy.
Losing Shai is ..

Last edited:
Long term, defence is where Balta will be best suited.
Short term, he is better forward than what Kosi is.
Reckon Kosi back and Balta forward is a better fit structure wise.

Reactions: 3 users
Kosi full-back, where he should have been from day 1. Noah forward.

Even though I think the move of Balta going back has been a prime driver of our improved form over the last 2 weeks, I think this has to happen
if Lefau is gone for the year.

Even though I think the move of Balta going back has been a prime driver of our improved form over the last 2 weeks, I think this has to happen
if Lefau is gone for the year.
I disagree, we need Balta in the backline. I would prefer now (given Lynch is due in three week (missing two games prior return) is to play both Bauer, Kosi & Ryan in the forward line, if Myketi is injured. We lacked another tall last night. Opportunity to see how they play for the next two games.

Backline looked so much better with Balta there. And his confidence is back. Forward line just didn't work anyway, just like it hasn't worked previously. See no point in continuing the experiment. Ryan looked better this week, needs continuity. Bring Gray in if we have to, looked very promising in VFL yesterday. He has desperation in his game. Kosi is not up to it forward. Bauer looked like he attained an injury again.

Backline looked so much better with Balta there. And his confidence is back. Forward line just didn't work anyway, just like it hasn't worked previously. See no point in continuing the experiment. Ryan looked better this week, needs continuity. Bring Gray in if we have to, looked very promising in VFL yesterday. He has desperation in his game. Kosi is not up to it forward. Bauer looked like he attained an injury again.
Balta is a back man as soon as he has gone back we have looked 100 times better.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree, not keen on Balta leaving the backline. The challenge for Gray will be fitness. He's made a very good start in the VFL but we know that the step up to AFL is huge, particularly on fitness. I hope we give him a go in the forward line at some stage but think he'd need at least another 2 - 3 weeks at VFL level before he's ready. If Bauer isn't injured I'd give him a chance. No to Kosi.

Not saying it's the only factor the only factor but IMV it's no small coincidence that Miller's looked better, we've stayed in games for longer and have at least stopped giving up 20+ goals a game since Balta went back.

If only we had a clone machine at punt road, we badly need two of him.

Just must must must get those short dinky loopy kicks across the ground in defence out of his game.

If the MC send Balta forward again after he and the defence have been solid and shored up since his return back then they are kidding themselves.