Nominating for the board. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nominating for the board.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Does anyone know when nominations for the board close?

After our prolonged mediocrity I hope there are people willing to put their name in the ring by nominating.

I think we could do with some new blood rather than have the same people year after year because noone challenges them.

There have been rumours of mid-season coups and clandestine meetings in dark alleys whenever Richmond sink to their mid season lows each year. The timing isn't right then nor is it in the club's best interests.

The time for change is now.

If you think you have what it takes please nominate. This club needs a new culture and imo that should start at board level.

Benny? Rex? Caro?

bg25

God must love stupid people, he made so many!
Oct 3, 2003
I'd like to see Brendan Gale on the board. I think he'd have a lot to offer considering his background. He'd get my vote.

Wouldn't mind Caro, although given her opinion on conflicts of interest (al la Eddie) she won't run while she's Football editor for the Age. About time we had a women on the board - given the stuff ups that have been made in the past!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha Canb I don't even understand the full role or duties of the board, and I don't think 2 votes would get me elected anyway. ;D

It seems from reading posts on the board I'm not the only one who doesn't fully undertand all of the duties of the board.

I don't think the board has that much say in onfield activities as some people on here think.

I would like to see at least one person in tune with the common supporter elected though.

If this club doesn't get on track and win games soon it will be an enormous task for the board to hold things together.

I hope we get the chance to elect the people we think can do that for us, rather than be stuck with the same old, same old each year because noone volunteers to challenge them.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
i think you'd get a few more than 2 votes rosy & i agree the board needs to include a grass roots supporter. there should be fans' representatives, sponsors representatives, marketing/ business experts as well as those with footy nouse imo. i'm not a fan of boards comprising solely ex-players.

incidentally, the 1998 version of the club's constitution states nominations for the board must be submitted to the General Manager or Secretary "not later than 8pm on a day 21 days before the AGM" (clause 8.2.3). further, such nominations must be signed by the candidate (who must be a member) and two ordinary members.

(hopefully this version is still up to date)