Not looking good | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Not looking good

P

Parker

From over on tiger talk

Stafford could hardly kick a football at training in Perth and looks extremely doubtful
Coughlan limped off with a ankle injury of some sort and is doubtful

Hall didn't go over whereas King and Biddiscombe did

Looks like our percentage is gonna take a battering..

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Hopefully Mic just didn't have his glasses on or the club are playing possum.
A walk in the beach and a good nights sleep and it will all look better I hope.
Will have to see what team runs out, but I guess they can only do what they can do.
Would be surprised they'd take Staff over unless he's a good chance of playing, unless he's done something over there.
I'd be happy if they don't risk Razor if he's not right.
This is only one game and hopefully by the half way mark we'll have a fit list to choose from for a big run home.

Go Tiges, you can do it.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Coughlan, Stafford in doubt
8:35:42 PM Fri 23 May, 2003
Mic Cullen
afl.com.au
Richmond could be forced to play replace key players Greg Stafford and Mark Coughlan for Saturday’s clash with the West Coast Eagles, with both Stafford and Coughlan in doubt after training at Subiaco Oval on Friday.

Stafford hyper-extended his right knee in the last quarter of Saturday’s win over Melbourne at the MCG, while Coughlan left the track early with a possible ankle injury.

Stafford spent Friday’s training session doing handball drills, and was clearly in pain when putting weight on his right leg, and went wading in salt-water after the session.

Football manager Greg Hutchison said that while the club was hopeful that Coughlan would play, Stafford’s fitness would be assessed on Saturday morning.

Emergencies Craig Biddiscombe and Clinton King travelled West with the Tigers and are likely to take the field against the second-placed Eagles, who are just one place above Richmond.

Both Stafford and Coughlan have been key components in the Richmond machine that has locked a position near the top of the AFL ladder, after the team finished a disappointing 14th last season.

With Brad Ottens and Ben Holland both missing with injuries, Stafford has been vital in the ruck and as a key forward for the Tigers, while Coughlan’s improvement has married beautifully with the addition of two-time Adelaide premiership player Kane Johnson to the midfield.