NRL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NRL

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
1st pre-season match, sure, but Tigers giving notice they might finally nab their 1st wooden spoon as a jv this year. Very underwhelming.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
1st pre-season match, sure, but Tigers giving notice they might finally nab their 1st wooden spoon as a jv this year. Very underwhelming.
They looked REAL bad. A few players looked out of shape - not good at this time of year when you’d expect that they’ve all been through big pre seasons.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Tigers did a lot right bar win the match. Credit Storm to battle on after losing Smith, Jennings then Welch at games end but thought Tigers cruelled by ordinary officiating, especially the clinching Melb try which saw Laurie taken out by Kaufusi to give his teammate a path to gather the ball & score. Commentators did their best Marcel Marceau impression too.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Tigers did a lot right bar win the match. Credit Storm to battle on after losing Smith, Jennings then Welch at games end but thought Tigers cruelled by ordinary officiating, especially the clinching Melb try which saw Laurie taken out by Kaufusi to give his teammate a path to gather the ball & score. Commentators did their best Marcel Marceau impression too.
Agree, the Storm should've had a player sin binned in the 1st half for being 3rd man in the tackle and taking out the legs of Leilua.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Wests Tigers supporters here?

I suppose their nickname is Tigers but ever since they, my team, the Balmain Tigers merged with Wests, I jumped off. It's like Richmond merging with Scumwood. Nooooo thankyou.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Understood. Many friends feel the same. We're a very old Balmain family. As long as the nrl Tigers retain some presence at Leichhardt, even though occasional, the family & I will remain steadfast in support. Forsake Leichhardt & they'll be dead to us.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Understood. Many friends feel the same. We're a very old Balmain family. As long as the nrl Tigers retain some presence at Leichhardt, even though occasional, the family & I will remain steadfast in support. Forsake Leichhardt & they'll be dead to us.
Have never been to Balmain, but I'm a Balmain supporter. Started following them when Blocker Roach, Wayne Pearce, Sironen, Benny, Gary Jack.........were playing for them.
Had a soft spot for the Bears too until the Super League and Manly shafted them.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
A disgrace Balmain and Western Suburbs are not around in their own right these days considering they still play games at Leichardt and Campbelltown.

Same as with the North Sydney Bears, and Illawarra Steelers.

Bring back the Bears forget another team in QLD.

Gold Coast North QLD and Brisbane are already catered for.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Go Tigers, finally got their first win for the season, 21-20. They don't make easy for their fans, nerve wracking.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Go Tigers, finally got their first win for the season, 21-20. They don't make easy for their fans, nerve wracking.
Well deserved after a couple of heartbreaking losses. Enjoy today but need to work to ensure this effort becomes the standard rather than a 'one-off'. Fans don't expect miracles just a competitive team each week.