Obama v McCain | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Obama v McCain

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Tiger74 said:
I just hope the talk of change is now backed up with actual positive change, and not just the usual tinkering around the edges or change solely for partisan advantage. Personally I cannot see it happening, but here's hoping I'm wrong.

We watch with interest. He's been handed one hell of a job..

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Tiger74 said:
A good win it appears by Obama, and well deserved given how his team dominated the campaign.

I just hope the talk of change is now backed up with actual positive change, and not just the usual tinkering around the edges or change solely for partisan advantage. Personally I cannot see it happening, but here's hoping I'm wrong.
You won't be wrong

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
mb64 said:
Agree,McCain would hav ebeen a better option than Bush.The yanks can get rid of Bush quick enough so whoever stood for the republicans was wasting his/her time.

Agree also.
I think many people voted Obama because they didn't like Bush, not because they think Obama is going to be a great President for them.
Sort of like Rudd/Howard here last election.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
As Alexander Downer was pointing out this arvo on the ABC this is not a very good result for Australia trade wise.

Obama is pretty keen to introduce a lot of protectionist measures.And the worse the economy gets the more likely he is to do so.Along with further deficit spending.

Potentially bad for the world economy too as T74 alluded.

Smoot-Hawley,anyone.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
evo said:
As Alexander Downer was pointing out this arvo on the ABC this is not a very good result for Australia trade wise.

Obama is pretty keen to introduce a lot of protectionist measures.And the worse the economy gets the more likely he is to do so.Along with further deficit spending.

Potentially bad for the world economy too as T74 alluded.

Smoot-Hawley,anyone.

During the primaries he talked about renegotiating elements of NAFTA, but some were saying that was just to get the unions on side. If he pushes this stance however, the US/Aust FTA would also have to be under question, and the attempts to jumpstart the next level of trade liberalization can almost be canned.

This being said, what a candidate says, and what a president does, can be two very different things.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Tiger74 said:
During the primaries he talked about renegotiating elements of NAFTA, but some were saying that was just to get the unions on side. If he pushes this stance however, the US/Aust FTA would also have to be under question, and the attempts to jumpstart the next level of trade liberalization can almost be canned.

This being said, what a candidate says, and what a president does, can be two very different things.
Exactly

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
I give it within 6mnths for an attempt on his life.

Too late, a couple of bogan redneck skinheads were arrested for planning an attempt (although it was a very lame attempt - but they were not the smartest cookies in the jar) last week.

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
I give it within 6mnths for an attempt on his life.

Yeah, the Secret Service must be getting really jittery right now.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Jukes Extended said:
Obama winning is the best result for the world imo.

Don't know whether he will be a good President or not.
I think the way people are going on about him and the hype, you would think the only thing this bloke couldn't do was walk on water!
So my jury is out on him still....I think many people who voted for him wasn't because they wanted him as President, more that they didn't want another Republican after Bush.

Interesting also to note that a white war hero was up against a black bloke.....and guess who became President?
Says a lot about the tripe on another thread around here about blacks and their excuses in life and the "disadvantages" they face.
If you want to make something in your life you can do it, no matter the history of your race or your own personal background.
So on that, well done Obama!

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Liverpool said:
Don't know whether he will be a good President or not.
I think the way people are going on about him and the hype, you would think the only thing this bloke couldn't do was walk on water!
So my jury is out on him still....I think many people who voted for him wasn't because they wanted him as President, more that they didn't want another Republican after Bush.
Exactly,Bush is on the nose & McCain is porbbaly seen in a similar light.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
i dont know what all the fuss about obama is, black buggers have been breaking into white houses for yrs. :rofl :rofl :hihi :rofl

for the sensitive types its a joke. when i heard it i cracked up.

ah *smile* wheres the rope im just going to hang meself.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
the claw said:
i dont know what all the fuss about obama is, black buggers have been breaking into white houses for yrs. :rofl :rofl :hihi :rofl

:hihi
Oh God, watch the bleeding hearts attack from all sides now mate.

Reminded me when I said that it was ironic the first Islam to play in the AFL was playing for a team called the Bombers.....gee, didn't I cop it, now its your turn! ;D

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
I heard a variation on that one from John Stewart on how far the US has come:

the black man will have to spend four to eight years cleaning up the messes other people left behind

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Liverpool said:
:hihi
Oh God, watch the bleeding hearts attack from all sides now mate.

Reminded me when I said that it was ironic the first Islam to play in the AFL was playing for a team called the Bombers.....gee, didn't I cop it, now its your turn! ;D

Livers, just for clarity's sake an adherent of Islam is a Muslim.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Panthera tigris FC said:
I heard a variation on that one from John Stewart on how far the US has come:

the black man will have to spend four to eight years cleaning up the messes other people left behind
ha well i hope he doesnt get his hands dirty.