Olympics Tokyo 2021 - sport | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Olympics Tokyo 2021 - sport

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Is seven showing any footy the next couple of weeks? I heard their ad on radio earlier and I’m sure it said that they were showing the olympics on 7, 7Two and 7Mate
According to the electronic guide on my TV, they’re showing the Port game on Friday. After that you may have to hunt around their various platforms.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Matildas off to a good start 2-0 up at half time against the Kiwi's. Sam Kerr scored with a cracking header.

Further good news, Sweden flogged the USA 3-0.

The Matildas have a tough group USA, Sweden and the Kiwis, need to finish top 2 to progress.

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Just heard on ESPN that 70% of Japanese people do not consider the Olympics can be held safely and are therefore largely against it. Big companies e.g. Toyota are pulling their Olympic ads. No crowds ?

Love the Olympics but this is a bit of faux one.

Yep I have almost no interest

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Brisbane 2032 Olympics.

Can't believe 2000 was long ago.
Different time, great event, was there for last 9 days. Going to all sort of random events, but you miss all the sports you would see if watching at home. I was at weightlifting (theatre at its best) the night Freeman ran, luckily it was on after the lifts were done and before the medal presentation so they played it on the screen, auditorium went nuts.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I'm really looking forward to the weightlifting. I love the intensity of it.
It's what I call a pure sport.... lift the weight or you don't. Virtually no umpiring influence on outcome. But plenty of psychology in terms of choosing what weight to go for, when to pass etc.
(and yes I know the purity doesn't extend to what they sprinkle on their muesli)

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
track and field is the main event in the olympics.
weight lifting, gymnastics, diving and swimming are big events also
the rest - meh.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
There are others Harry. Modern pentathlon was great 4 years ago. Watched Chloe Esposito win gold coming from well back with the running and shooting to go. The sheer joy and elation she showed still gives me chills. Not sure if she is defending her title as she had a child last year? Unexpected golds are always fun.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Synchronised swimming - Those nose pegs baby!
Would like to see one of them do the make-up in non-waterproof. The pegs and the panda eyes would be next level crack ho.